New wheels... | GTAMotorcycle.com

New wheels...

jc100

Ordered one of these

hence why it’s in this forum....

ordered it from Costco online......so if it doesn’t work out back it goes.

rear wheel drive.....60km range, 32kmh top speed (although with me on it that’s perhaps unlikely)

legality....questionable....I won’t be irresponsible though as these can terrorize pedestrians.

I am a big kid and I’m very much looking forward to this thing arriving.

You bought that from Costco.ca?
I don't recall seeing that brand, but I may have missed it.
As far as legality is concerned, iirc BC is doing a pilot project allowing them.
Urban Moteca (I think) has been pushing it for a while.
They have some nice machines.

Would love to see a review posted here.
You may have seen me post that I am a fan of ebikes.
My son has no desire to get his G1 yet, but we have been looking at different options for him to get around that won't lead to him being all sweaty.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I don't see it on Costco website I live in Ontario

It sold out in 2 days. They had over 120 units initially it seems and they just went. I got one when there were 8 left.

However, you can still get one from Amazon cheaper but I like the return policy from Costco.

You bought that from Costco.ca?
I don't recall seeing that brand, but I may have missed it.
As far as legality is concerned, iirc BC is doing a pilot project allowing them.
Urban Moteca (I think) has been pushing it for a while.
They have some nice machines.

Would love to see a review posted here.
You may have seen me post that I am a fan of ebikes.
My son has no desire to get his G1 yet, but we have been looking at different options for him to get around that won't lead to him being all sweaty.

this one definitely looks like the one to try...,it’s the build quality reviews that sold me. It’s not a toy, one review states it’s a serious commuter contender.

I've seen a handful of these throughout the city, I see no issue with it. There may also be a rental company in the city for these. Legally? I know even less... But I have also seen a massive increase in chainsaw bicycles that I thought were illegal.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I've seen a handful of these throughout the city, I see no issue with it. There may also be a rental company in the city for these. Legally? I know even less... But I have also seen a massive increase in chainsaw bicycles that I thought were illegal.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I think there’s a growing acceptance of these things as legitimate commuter vehicles. We will see. I’ll try to pull a wheelie in front of the popo and do a runner and see what happens.

See in the video where they park them and walk away :/ don't do that.

I dont think they are legally questionable. It does not meet the definition of an ebike (no pedals) and it has a motor so it is an unlicensed, uninsured motor vehicle that cannot legally be ridden on public property. That being said, I think these could be a great commuter solution (and better and safer than ebikes as currently defined) so I would love if laws could catch up to allow these (a pilot would be ideal).

Oh I thought this was about new real wheels.

I rented one of these in Barcelona, it was a blast, was doing about 24k and was able to cover almost the entire city. Sucks going up hills. But Bar is well designed to give access to bicycles, etc. Cities allowing them have had to re-think the laws/usage because of accidents.

Not sure where you are located, but in the city bikes have enough problems, and poorly designed or slapped together bicycle lanes isn't a solution. So it might be awhile before anything realistic happens to accommodate these.

I dont think they are legally questionable. It does not meet the definition of an ebike (no pedals) and it has a motor so it is an unlicensed, uninsured motor vehicle that cannot legally be ridden on public property. That being said, I think these could be a great commuter solution (and better and safer than ebikes as currently defined) so I would love if laws could catch up to allow these (a pilot would be ideal).
BlogTO article from 2019:

TLDR:
Looks like ON started a 5 year e-scooter pilot project on Jan 1,2020

BlogTO article from 2019:

TLDR:
Looks like ON started a 5 year e-scooter pilot project on Jan 1,2020

I think as long as people act responsibly it should be fine......

....so these will be banned in about 3 months.

I hope not. Looking forward to riding squid for a change :p

have you gone over the bars yet?

Illegal on the sidewalk I seem to recall.

No worries, it's a university town. Don't stop for strangers.
.... full coverage helmet?

Back
Top Bottom