new tuono 660 | GTAMotorcycle.com

new tuono 660

Great looking bike and it should be a hit if the reviews are decent.

Noice.

BMW has teased a new version of the TFT screen coming out which integrates your phone's GPS app with the display. I know the current one shows directions from the BMW Connected App , but the next gen will actually display the map and track on the TFT. It's a larger screen, so more real estate:

I think that would be the killer app that will finally do away with dedicated GPS units. If you can keep your phone safely in your pocket (or in a hardcase somewhere) and mirror the GPS map and directions on the bike's dashboard, that would convince me to switch over. I never was a big fan of having multiple screens and displays clamped all over the handlebars. Bonus if it can all be controlled by the Wonderwheel on the left handlebar.

Make it so!

Noice.

BMW has teased a new version of the TFT screen coming out which integrates your phone's GPS app with the display. I know the current one shows directions from the BMW Connected App , but the next gen will actually display the map and track on the TFT. It's a larger screen, so more real estate:

I think that would be the killer app that will finally do away with dedicated GPS units. If you can keep your phone safely in your pocket (or in a hardcase somewhere) and mirror the GPS map and directions on the bike's dashboard, that would convince me to switch over. I never was a big fan of having multiple screens and displays clamped all over the handlebars. Bonus if it can all be controlled by the Wonderwheel on the left handlebar.

Make it so
Current one has a screen for turn by turn navigation. But honestly I'd rather use the voice prompts 95% of the time and then glance down occasionally for distance markers or exit names. It also actually has a small metre which ticks down as you get closer to the next 'point.

I like the new graphics but...looks kinda big so I'm guessing thats for GS/tourers. Neat tech though.

Noice.

Make it so!
I would hope that they would include a reasonably large protected cubby for your phone. Running something like waze chews up your battery quickly if not plugged in. Also wireless carplay/android auto is just rolling out, plug in has been running well for years.

On a side note, I still like old school analog needles for rpm and speed. Riding sleds last weekend with digital displays was not ideal. Unless you have a clear lake in front of you, looking down to read a digital display will quickly get you killed.

I would hope that they would include a reasonably large protected cubby for your phone. Running something like waze chews up your battery quickly if not plugged in. Also wireless carplay/android auto is just rolling out, plug in has been running well for years.

Yeah, I think versions of this had a wireless charging cubbyhole close to the display for you to store your phone in. Most likely waterproof.

On a side note, I still like old school analog needles for rpm and speed. Riding sleds last weekend with digital displays was not ideal. Unless you have a clear lake in front of you, looking down to read a digital display will quickly get you killed.

Easy: Remote HUD built-in to your helmet visor.

Profit.

Easy: Remote HUD built-in to your helmet visor.

Profit.
Haha, problem the second was I wasn't wearing a brain bucket or goggles on the sleds :/ Open field, lots of powder nothing hard to hit but not my brightest hour.

I am sad that google glass died. Something like that could have been an amazing HUD in a helmet overlaying maps and anything else you want and could even do active road projection so you could see upcoming curves beyond your ability to see.

Haha, problem the second was I wasn't wearing a brain bucket or goggles on the sleds :/ Open field, lots of powder nothing hard to hit but not my brightest hour.

I am sad that google glass died. Something like that could have been an amazing HUD in a helmet overlaying maps and anything else you want and could even do active road projection so you could see upcoming curves beyond your ability to see.

All those logistical problems will go away once we have the COVID vaccine with the Bill Gates 5G chip injected into our bloodstream. Then it's just a simple Microsoft Update to enable HUD in our optic nerve.

They are really nice. But how often does one look down?

Well, if you do the Netflix mod... then all the time!

netflix-L.jpg

Other thread reminded me, I have questions about your TFT:

- did you get the BMW Nav VI GPS?
- if yes, are you bluetoothing your phone directly to the TFT or the Nav?
- do you have a BT communicator on your helmet? If so, what brand and is it connected to the TFT or directly to your phone?

Other thread reminded me, I have questions about your TFT:

- did you get the BMW Nav VI GPS?
- if yes, are you bluetoothing your phone directly to the TFT or the Nav?
- do you have a BT communicator on your helmet? If so, what brand and is it connected to the TFT or directly to your phone?
  1. Not yet
  2. Refer to 1
  3. I had a Cardo Packtalk Bold connected to the bike TFT.
    1. You also connect your phone to the TFT.

Back
Top Bottom