New to Hamilton. | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to Hamilton.

caramelgq

Hey folks. New to East Hamilton. I ride a Bonneville. Looking forward to hitting some backroads in the region.

AK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tons of backroads in Hamilton, Dundas, Burlington

Have you done any exploring yet?

Yes! I have a short list made from google searching, GTAM and InRoute/CaliMoto.

Having lived in Toronto previously my exposure to Hamilton was limited to riding in to Steeltown Garage and quickly popping around York/Waterdown/Snake Rd, and Mountain Brow/Access Rds.

I do like the laid back vibe here and the ability to get out of town any evening without having to combat traffic and giving up an hours time just to get out of “the city”.

Recently I rode down Ridge Rd to Beamsfield, as well as a visit to Niagara (down the QEW back on random backroads). I really need to include the full parkway and possibly backroads to Lk Erie/Dover next visit.

With my PFD coming in any day now I think exploring roads may compete with exploring local SUP spots!

AK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to do the loop through York / Snake, into Waterdown, continue up Hamilton St/Centre Rd and take a right/east on Parkside Drive (watch your speed). It will turn into #1 sideroad and wind its way out to Cedar Springs Road (this is north end of Brant St). Take a left and head up to Kilbride. Try Twiss Rd, Conservation Rd, etc. There can be lots of bicycles but the ride in many parts gets nicely twisty and scenic. Enjoy, lots of exploring can be done in that area.

Back
Top Bottom