New to Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to Canada

hacktastic

Hello everyone. I'm moving up to Innisfil from Berkeley, California. (Marrying a Canadian.) I'll be dragging my two bikes across the border once I've applied for my residency, etc.

I've been riding about 15 years. I've currently got an '00 SV650 I bought new in '99 and an '06 DRZ400S that I converted to an supermoto a few years back.

I'm a bit befuddled about the whole concept of a "riding season." I've never lived anywhere you can't ride all year round. Guess it's time to either buy studs for winter tires or get a snowmobile!

welcome to canada, i would have had my canadian wife move to cali

For now, I'm going up there. Hopefully in a few years we'll move back down to California. I'm going to miss being able to lane split. :sad:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome to GTAM!
You're going to hate the short riding season and no lane splitting.
I miss riding in California!

Moved back here from the UK. Same boat! Miss the better insurance rates, all year riding and lane splitting, not to mention better riding routes, and motogp races at your doorstep.

If you like to push limits you'll squeeze 10 months of riding, filtering and get a sore azz riding down to Indy to catch a GP race, if they resign the contract. Insurance, roads and scenery blow....no way around that one!

I'm tempted to leave one of the bikes in CA with a friend so I can ride when I'm out here. Also, one less bike to deal with the gigantic headache of importing. Both of my bikes have race pipes on them. I'd imagine this is going to be a problem. :sad: Thankfully, I kept the stock pipes, so it's just a matter of bolting the old one back on.

Back
Top Bottom