new text editor doesn't allow copy-pasting

slogan

As title says the new text editor doesnt allow pasting copied text :(

In general, I find the new text-editor worse than the previous one. My $0.02

Slogan*

Copy and paste from your own post

"In general, I find the new text-editor worse than the previous one. My $0.02"

Copy and paste from a convenient PDF file

Remove the right crankcase cover (page 10-5).
Remove the mounting bolts and oil pump assembly.
DISASSEMBLY
Remove the E-clip from the oil pump shaft.
Remove the oil pump driven gear assembly and disassemble
them.
Remove the dowel pins, bolts and oil pump cover.

Not seeing the problem here ...

edit: Windows 7, Firefox.

Last edited:
[h=2]new text editor doesn't allow copy-pasting[/h]
As title says the new text editor doesnt allow pasting copied text :(

Slogan*​

Negative. Works here (IE8 ).

If you aren't using IE and you aren't using W7, maybe tell us what you ARE using, so that someone using the same stuff can perhaps tell you which wrong button you have pressed.

This might be a case of a program occupying your Windows clipboard. I had this issue and found out it was EmEditor, an advanced text editor that would take control of the clipboard and not let me cut/paste in other programs. Was a bug in the code and was fixed on another release.. might be something similar?

"As title says the new text editor doesnt allow pasting copied text :sad:

Slogan*"

Works in FF 5 Beta.

Well, the world changes, the technology goes somewhere, and I am an outsider:sad8:
WinXP, Opera10.10 - and I'm not gonna change it, cause it's the setup that is convenient for me.

My desktop is an old XP machine running Firefox, which I am sitting in front of right now.

I think your problem lies in the text that I'm pasting from your post above :)

"Opera10.10"

Chrome ftw!

Well, the world changes, the technology goes somewhere, and I am an outsider:sad8:
WinXP, Opera10.10 - and I'm not gonna change it, cause it's the setup that is convenient for me.

It's probably something with Opera.
Copy pasting and then adding text crashes Opera for me and generates a bug report.

I've found that if I enter a few spaces first and then do my copy paste, move down to the end of page (the 2 or 3 lines I added) and then start typing my text it will work.

I've also found that the text cursor loves to go up to the top of the page whenever I start typing. I have to keep moving it back to the line I want with the mouse.

I started using Opera since it came out for GNU/Linux (also before, while running it on XP) and never had any copy/paste issues

Not sure if it would make a difference or even be possible (I've never used Opera). But are you right clicking and trying to paste, or are you using the keyboard Ctrl V? I just ask because I know sometimes with windows it won't let me delete something if I right click and select delete, but if I just hit the delete or backspace key with the item highlighted, it will work.

Back
Top Bottom