New speed camera locations 5/7/2022 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New speed camera locations 5/7/2022

Well 3 of the 4 happened during rush hour. The time drivers tend to do stupid sh*t like cutting each other off so they can save precious seconds to the red light.

Which is why I like what they did to Bloor/Danforth. One lane in each Direction means it's virtually impossible to try and cut somebody off to get ahead of them.

The 24-hour parking on both sides now it's a nice benefit too.

We don't know if any of them are speed related. As they all have happened during morning or midday - my bet is on a distracted driving.
Should be simple enough to take pics in the front windshield of every vehicle. If a phone in the hand is clearly visible, send the $600 ticket to RO. They can either pay or go to court and testify who the ticket should be issued to. Take some labour but should be very profitable and have a much larger impact on safety than 51 km/h.

Should be simple enough to take pics in the front windshield of every vehicle. If a phone in the hand is clearly visible, send the $600 ticket to RO. They can either pay or go to court and testify who the ticket should be issued to. Take some labour but should be very profitable and have a much larger impact on safety than 51 km/h.
These are the cameras I will wholeheartedly support.

And don't get me wrong - I follow every. single. rule. Except the speed limit. And I'm not a speed daemon - I always do a reasonable speed (I know, it's relative). I can go slower than a speed limit if a situation dictate - i.e. neighbourhood with a tons of parked cars and kids playing around. But I will totally ignore a 50 km/h sign on a stretch of Steels with 3 lanes in each direction and a divider in the middle.

Exactly. They were in their phones 100%.

Not necessarily, in the last few years since I've been a travelling technician I've been stuck on Rosedale Valley a number of times due to accidents.

I've come across two head on collisions when people tried to jump the line by passing on the left. Both happened during rush hour.

But I will totally ignore a 50 km/h sign on a stretch of Steels with 3 lanes in each direction and a divider in the middle.

3 lanes each direction should be posted 60km/h in my opinion with the right lane both ways being a Bus/Cycling/Taxi/motorcycle only lane. With photo enforcement of the HOV lane.

But that's just me.

I've come across two head on collisions when people tried to jump the line by passing on the left. Both happened during rush hour.
I will swear inside my head at Prius driving 40 there, but I definitely will not overtake it. People are not very smart in general, and at driving in particular, and that's why we have 30 signs and cameras :(

I don't know what's involved with installing one of these but heard that once the zone slows down they would relocate the camera. Get used to 30 KPH in the city. Pedestrians aren't getting any smarter, faster or less privileged.

Enjoy the slow paced drive, like the dozens of bikes at FOTC road behind the awe struck babe in her Corolla, going through at 5 KPH.

Camera doesn't work in one location here. Rather than try something that WILL work, they're keeping it.

Doesnt work as in nobody is slowing down? If so, that is the mythical money printing machine.
They tried putting in a light at one end and a stop sign at the other, then added photo radar and narrowing the lane with those slap bars.

Personally, I'd rather see them raise that intersection, and pull out the speed trap (money printing machine that goes wheeeeeee).
It's a 40 zone that should be a 60 or 70.

Mo-mo-more Camera's
Mo-mo-more Money

Speed camera showed up last week on Credit Woodlands b/w Burnhamthorpe and Dundas.

I think I should let my wife know...

Back
Top Bottom