New rider getting denied insurance everywhere :( | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider getting denied insurance everywhere :(

... in the meantime see if anybody will sell you insurance on something ridiculous like a step through Honda scooter,
starting with whoever underwrites your current house, car or tenant insurance.

Keep that insured for seven years straight, plus a clean car driver record for that same time,
and magically your sport bike insurance will become far more affordable.
That's actually a good strategy. It may be easier to get insurance on a 50cc Yamaha Vino, it will start the experience counter and provide an upgrade path to another motorcycle through the insurer.

2 at fault claims on you and a new rider
and 2 other tickets on top of that?

bend over for facility association

sorry OP
but the water bottle under the brake pedal one is amusing

how many F-bombs involved in that one?

Lol yea in retrospect i shouldn't have had the bottle on my seat in between my legs to begin with so it was my fault. you live and learn.

First post so take it easy on me please :)

Uhhh...............no.

Failing to show proof of insurance: Indicates you leave home unprepared. Strike one!

Water bottle under brake pedal: Indicates you don't think about consequential effects. Strike two!

Single vehicle collision, dodging item falling from other vehicle: Indicates lack of control or judgement. Strike three!

And another one and you think your record is because of dumb luck. That may be the case but the insurer will be asking themselves if you are in denial.

From what I read in the legal forum the proof of insurance ticket is easily dismissed if one looks forward to the consequences.

It would be interesting to know if an insurer would erase one of those "Events" if you took a defensive driving course.

They tend to improve one's luck.
LOL bro dont reproduce I'd feel bad for your kids.

Been getting bent over by Facility for 3 years, welcome to the club.

Renewal is late august, rates went up 18.5% this year for no reason. I had a large speeding ticket in 2017 (4 demerit points) which caused my licence at the time (G2) to be suspended. Its the only ticket ive ever gotten and it forced me into facility, been paying for it ever since.

Lol yea in retrospect i shouldn't have had the bottle on my seat in between my legs to begin with so it was my fault. you live and learn.

if it makes you feel better
I once had an accident report come across my desk

one of our guys rear ended another vehicle
his excuse was a sandwich under the brake pedal, 100% no BS

a full water bottle can have some resistance
but a sandwich?

must have been one of them jaw breaking Italian bread sammies
a mangiacake wonderbread sammie has zero resistance

As mentioned, your dream of riding motorcycles is still alive and achievable right now.

Enduro & dirt bikes are a great way to learn balance & throttle control, track bikes are great for learning brakes and looking through turns.

Neither of these options require insurance, both are extremely fun!

Before you know it, your demerits will have dropped off.

You mention you got your M1 earlier this month and you've booked rider training through Learning Curves mid August. Honestly I would not even bother calling insurance companies for quotes at this point until you have obtained your M2 license. The more sensible approach, I would suggest you actually cancel your rider training for now and go for your M2 when your driving record has cleared up several years from now when insurance will be more affordable for you.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

You mention you got your M1 earlier this month and you've booked rider training through Learning Curves mid August. Honestly I would not even bother calling insurance companies for quotes at this point until you have obtained your M2 license. The more sensible approach, I would suggest you actually cancel your rider training for now and go for your M2 when your driving record has cleared up several years from now when insurance will be more affordable for you.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
disagree, needs to get that motorcycle license history building as well as his insurance.

If i were OP I'd get the M2 and find a moped and insure it, even if he never looks at it he will be building positive history.

unfortunately, that means he will also have to get a truck

or perhaps a vehicle with a hitch might make it viable to do dirt/track days

unfortunately, that means he will also have to get a truck

or perhaps a vehicle with a hitch might make it viable to do dirt/track days
It pays to find regular riding friends that live near by, share the travel costs and it nets you a second driver. Also motivates you to ride more.
I've had 6 riders and bikes in my pickup on one trip. Went to some terrible venue way down past where Wingboy lives, I think it was Mennonite county or something like that :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom