New rider from Hagersville (south of hamilton) | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider from Hagersville (south of hamilton)

Bugs

My name is Jamie (33), and I am finally ready to start riding. I've been toying with the idea for 15 years, and finally time, money and life is allowing it all at the same time..

I've always been a car nut. I have a 74 beetle which I restored over the past 8 years. Other cars Ive owned include a slammed 01' Silverado (regularcab short box, 5speed) a slammed 00 Silverado (extended cab, 5 speed), 03 Golf TDI GLS, 03 Golf GTI 1.8T, 02 MINI Cooper S, 03 Subaru WRX and most recently (currently) a brigh yellow 20th Anniversary VW GTI. All have been modded and tinkered with to my liking.

I recently struck a deal with a buddy to buy his 1990 Yamaha FZR600 from him. Its black and red with light grey accents. Very nice shape, although it has sat for a few years. Since October I have had the carbs stripped down and completely rebuilt. NExt up is a valve check, tune the carbs, new chain/sprockets and safety inspection. Bike rides decent now (ive been around the block a couple dozen times on shake down runs as I get it closert to road worthy). It's going in for those last few items any day, with the intent to start driving it daily first week of June.

Pics of the bike to come. Just thought I'd say hi, and throw some history out there. Anyone else form Hagersville/Jarvis area that I may know? Odds are if you are local i either know you, or of you ;-)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome to the forum ^^

welcome!!

welcome!

thanks guys!

just took the CMA course this past, wet, cold crappy weekend. Had an awesome time and learned alot.

Couple more weeks till the bike is home and on the road, then onto a fun/safe summer of learning as much as i can about riding.

Hope to see some of you around.

Back
Top Bottom