New Problem - SV650 Rear Brakes | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Problem - SV650 Rear Brakes

ThrottleThrow

Hey guys, I kno I've been posting a lot in here, just doing some major maintenance. Finally fixed the clutch (to cycle gave me wrong plates and fibres). But my rear brakes are bare metal

Put in new EBC pads, but it seems previous owner replaced rear brake pads with out using the 2 clips ( top clip and retaining clip) so currently the new pads are only secured by the brake pad pin

Is this safe? They don't seem to b moving around at all. Do I absolutley need the clips? I do not have the clips

Last edited:
i wouldn't risk it even though the rear brakes are useless, the retaining clips are cheap just buy them and put them in, if the pads rattle around, they will damage the rotor.

Don't f around with brakes. Do it right, buy the missing parts and be safe.

/r

is it the clips that fit right behind and clipped onto the brake pad? or the spring plate that rest on the piston? if it's the spring plate, you don't really need it. It's just there to reduce the noise when your brake (e.g. without it...you'll hear the click sound when you release the brake).

After you do any brake maintenance. ALWAYS test them out in slow speed in places like a parking lot first.

Good luck!

Don't f around with brakes. Do it right, buy the missing parts and be safe.

/r

+1

My motto:
If you can stop but you can't go, not that big of a problem.
If you can go but you can't stop, you're in deep trouble!

not the clips that attach to the break pads, there a little clip that goes above the brakepads on the top inside of the caliper, and one that goes on the opposite side of the pad pin

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom