New memebr in Whitby | GTAMotorcycle.com

New memebr in Whitby

Scouser

Hi all,

I've been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now and decided to jump into the fray.

I did the M1 exit course at Durham college last weekend (June 11, 12), Awesome course, great instructors and luckilly we got absolutely no rain ! They only have dirt bikes so I was a little disapointed, I was hoping to try a couple of different types.

I don't have a bike yet, but hopefully will get one over the next few weeks. My preference is retro style and I really like the Honda CB four series from the eighties. The size I'm interested in is 350 to 600. I was looking at an '83 CB 1000C, plain old too big for me. It is priced right at $ 1,000.00, but the owner told me the clutch has started "acting up" and it needs quite a bit of TLC. Also the insurance gets a little steep. I also saw a 750 in immaculate condition, but its owner is asking $3,500.00. A little out of my snack bracket. I'm in no hurry, and I'm sure something will come along.

I used to ride many years ago in the UK, sold my last bike in 1968 when we dicided to come to Canada. Now I have retired I find myself looking for a hobby. The bikes I rode back in the day were all Brit bikes from the '60's.

Anyway, this is a great forum. Thanks to the people who put it together for making a good resource easily available.

gord

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom