New member! | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member!

Hello all,

Just finalized the deal on a bike through Kijiji - picking it up next week. Can't wait to share my new ride with you all.
I used to ride almost every day in Alberta, regular trips in the mountains... really miss those days.
Looking forward to getting back into riding here in the GTA (over a decade later). I'm north of the city in Vaughan, so I expect lots of beautiful rides up to Blue Mountain or cottage country, etc.
I'll post pics of my ride next week when I have it. I don't want to jinx it until I have the bike and paperwork in hand.

Welcome.

After riding out west you're going to find riding in Ontario positively boring in comparison, I'm sure. It really only starts to get interesting several hours outside the GTA, and even then, a 5 Star Ontario road is a BC 1 star. ;)

BC is gorgeous and has so many great rides. But my personal favorite of all time is the Icefields Parkway in Alberta between Jasper and Lake Louise. 3 hours of bliss.

But don't worry, I have plenty of history with boring rides. Ontario is downright fascinating compared to the 300km straight line between Edmonton and Calgary with one bend in the middle for Red Deer.

Also, in Alberta they don't use salt on the roads (too cold in the winter - doesn't work), so they use gravel/grit instead. This makes for an interesting springtime when you have to dodge rocks flung from every jacked up pickup truck with offroad tires.

Icefields-Parkway-Drive.jpg

BC is gorgeous and has so many great rides. But my personal favorite of all time is the Icefields Parkway in Alberta between Jasper and Lake Louise. 3 hours of bliss.

But don't worry, I have plenty of history with boring rides. Ontario is downright fascinating compared to the 300km straight line between Edmonton and Calgary with one bend in the middle for Red Deer.

Also, in Alberta they don't use salt on the roads (too cold in the winter - doesn't work), so they use gravel/grit instead. This makes for an interesting springtime when you have to dodge rocks flung from every jacked up pickup truck with offroad tires.

Icefields-Parkway-Drive.jpg
the icefields you say?

esd1BcE.jpg

Congratulations, that's a stunning machine. Love the white walls and two tone tank
Thanks Michael. The matte black and matte white tank is original paint from 2012 and in great shape. I love how the custom red stitching on the seat and red plug wires coordinate with the red “V” on the tank.

That’s Peyto Lake. I’ve been standing in that exact spot at least a dozen times. Most incredible water colour I’ve ever seen, anywhere.
it was pretty awesome!

Back
Top Bottom