New member | GTAMotorcycle.com

jackGrey

Hey, all! New rider here moving to my uncle's place in Toronto for a job. Been a dirtbike and atv rider and now I'll be using my uncle's 74 CB450. He said it needs to TLC but in good shape overall. Thought to gain as much knowledge which led me here. I'll be lurking and reading around.

That model has torsion spring valves and those would likely be my greatest concern on that bike. I can imagine replacement springs or cylinder head would be a huge issue if yours are not good. The bike being that old has typically been sitting for years without use and when that happens, some of the springs will be under tension and some not, the ones most likely to give problems will be the ones that have been stored in the twisted position for a few decades. Personally I would start by cleaning the carbs, replacing the air filter and adjusting the valve clearances, then see how she runs from there.

Best luck with the bike and your new job (y)

Trials, thank you sir! Can't wait to start working on the bike. I'll probably pop a couple of questions around the board.

Back
Top Bottom