New Kawasaki Z650RS | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Kawasaki Z650RS

Same engine...maybe that vibration between 4-6000 rpm will help contribute to the retro aspect lol.
Love those gold wheels though..

4KA6GXNJWJBBJCVBXQI6JCNVUA.jpg

If they get more folks riding with a smaller displacement version, I say make it happen. Yamaha’s XSR700 is pretty nice but, don’t see many out in the wild. Yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's sure to have the same 2-cylinder engine as the current Z650 ... not a 4-cylinder.

It's way better from the manufacturer's perspective to share powertrain costs among as many models as possible, and that keeps costs down for us, the end users.

I'll look forward to seeing how this one turns out. The regular Z650 made my short list when I was bike shopping.

also can anyone comment on the general maintenance costs on kawa bikes? (current z650, z900rs etc).

looks like the current z650 doesnt even need to have valves checked until 24,000km? not bad.

also can anyone comment on the general maintenance costs on kawa bikes? (current z650, z900rs etc).

looks like the current z650 doesnt even need to have valves checked until 24,000km? not bad.
Am open to correction and am guessing that your RE's valve clearances are screw & nut adjustable, whereas the Kwack's are shim adjustable and the OHC has to be removed for that.
No doubt the Kwack is more technologically advanced and has better HP, torque, brakes and suspension.

Am open to correction and am guessing that your RE's valve clearances are screw & nut adjustable, whereas the Kwack's are shim adjustable and the OHC has to be removed for that.
No doubt the Kwack is more technologically advanced and has better HP, torque, brakes and suspension.

yep i believe you're totally correct!

details are out.

22MY_Z650RS_GN1_ACT4.jpg

22MY_Z650RS_Staticlifestyle_4.jpg

the pipe looks like ass for the style but i guess its directly from the z650/ninja650. otherwise looks pretty good to me!

LOVING the styling and the paint

Its a budget bike, so wont expect it to have big brembo's or higher end suspension but still :love:

Euro prices so far.

Metallic Spark Black (£7,549)
Candy Emerald Green (£7,699)
Metallic Moondust Grey / Ebony (£7,699)

cant wait to see some ride reviews on it. im curious if this supposed z650 vibration issue i keep reading about will affect this.

but yah this seems like a super nice combination of retro AND performance. its like 40-50lb lighter than my royal enfield 650 and much more powerful.

and considerably more reliable

I have owned two KZ650's. This is fairly true to the original looks but the pipe is an abomination. And of course two jugs short of a full set.

Back
Top Bottom