New Helmet - AGV K6 or SHOEI RF 1400 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Helmet - AGV K6 or SHOEI RF 1400

lakshan

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new helmet and I really like the K6 for the lightness, the comfort, quiet, fit and look. I was pretty set on this but I'm second guessing myself when considering the market leader Shoei. For those of you who've tried both, have one or the other, what's your opinion on which is better to get?

I use my bike as a commuter so lots of mileage over the warm months. So comfort and quiet is definitely important to me.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.

I picked the AGV. I don't like the extra weight of the shoei and the added "cushion" around the neck of the helmet.
Mind you, I haven't tried the rf 1400.
Either way, see if you can get a dark visor and pin lock included in the purchase or at least a discount.
The visors are not cheap!

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new helmet and I really like the K6 for the lightness, the comfort, quiet, fit and look. I was pretty set on this but I'm second guessing myself when considering the market leader Shoei. For those of you who've tried both, have one or the other, what's your opinion on which is better to get?

I use my bike as a commuter so lots of mileage over the warm months. So comfort and quiet is definitely important to me.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.
I find agv is suited more to people with rounder headshape and shoei more to people with more oval headshape. Best bet is to go try them on for fit.

I picked the AGV. I don't like the extra weight of the shoei and the added "cushion" around the neck of the helmet.
Either way, see if you can get a dark visor and pin lock included in the purchase or at least a discount.

The neck cushion is a bit annoying but a big contributor to what makes a quieter helmet. Not that it's as big of a deal for earplug wearers.

Reactions: LBV

The K6 actually includes the pinlock which is great! And I'm going to stick to the clear visor. I just ordered it (Y)

The K6 actually includes the pinlock which is great! And I'm going to stick to the clear visor. I just ordered it (Y)
what graphic?

FYI - some people notice more reflection wearing pinlock during night riding.
google it, it might be a concern for you.

I just got my helmet today but I'm disappointed in the quality control. Everything on it looks fine and the shipment contained everything as it should but the paint has defects. It looks like particles got stuck in the paint which doesn't make sense because I assume these are painted in perfect factory settings. There's one bigger splotch and then a bunch of tiny spots around the helmet.

I've emailed the company I purchased from and AGV as well to see what they think. Has anyone had paint issues on their helmets before?

20210513_143034.jpg
20210513_144558.jpg
20210513_143417.jpg20210513_143459.jpg

Attachments

• 20210513_144558.jpg
    20210513_144558.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
which company did you order from?
I never had a problem.
Looks like a refurbish/returned helmet and not a brand new helmet

I ordered from Home - ChromeBurner. They seem to have great customer reviews and I contacted support once and they were really helpful. Hoping I just got unlucky, let's see what they say to my email.

Side note: the helmet is sweeeet. It's my first upgrade from the cheap entry level HJC I picked up 5 years ago. The weight and comfort difference is so great.

How do you find the latching mechanism? I'm thinking of picking one up because of how light it is but have heard mixed reviews that.

Yeah that's the one thing that will probably be something to get used to. It wasn't intuitive the few times I tried, I had to really position my hand correctly to get it to open. I think it's one of those things that you'll develop a habit for when used long enough. I haven't tried it yet with gloves on. I feel like with gloves it should be possible to use one finger to hold the button down and slide the screen free of the lock.

I just got my helmet today but I'm disappointed in the quality control. Everything on it looks fine and the shipment contained everything as it should but the paint has defects. It looks like particles got stuck in the paint which doesn't make sense because I assume these are painted in perfect factory settings. There's one bigger splotch and then a bunch of tiny spots around the helmet.

I've emailed the company I purchased from and AGV as well to see what they think. Has anyone had paint issues on their helmets before?
I've had some quality control issues with a Bell helmet I ordered from GP 2 years ago. Not to the extent of your splotches but there were some finishing issues. GP was great and exchanged it for me without any hassles.

Back
Top Bottom