New Harley Streetfighter | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Harley Streetfighter

Still no word on pricing or its weight eh?

Did somebody forget to put the side cover on under the seat? It looks unfinished?

company baffles me

they had a very good, modern tech, 1250cc 60 degree V twin in house
liquid cooled, single piece machined crank
OH cams, wet sump, internally balanced, gear driven integral transmission
like, you know, 20th century engine technology

hSbxuKp.jpg

and they throw that away for this new, plastic looking thing?
scratches head.....

Last edited:
company baffles me

scratches head.....
Some HD guys on other sites etc, are starting to comment the new bikes look like transformers, and not in a positive light. ?‍♂️

I appreciate what HD is doing, but they've painted themselves into a corner by catering to their die-hard fans over the years.
No one else is interested in their machines and when they try something different.....well, we all know what happens.

My son thinks the Streetfighter is cool but he's 20-something and not yet making the $$$ to afford that kind of bike so it's not even on the radar for him.

Some HD guys on other sites etc, are starting to comment the new bikes look like transformers, and not in a positive light. ?‍♂️

Making some cool new bikes doesnt mean they'll stop making old chrome boats

Btw, there were two HD bikes to be revealed at the show. I don’t know what the other one was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like about it, and it's kind of a silly thing but I couldn't deal with the belt drive on it. Would work fine but just looks way out of place on that style bike.

Now here's the problem. As a former naked bike and supersport owner and being current Harley owner this bike should be screaming buy me. I just can't see myself picking this over the other nakeds on the market. I'll probably be sticking with HD for baggers but if I want something performance oriented one of the euro brands is for me.

Btw, there were two HD bikes to be revealed at the show. I don’t know what the other one was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the ADV pan america, HD isnt stupid they know they have to try and diversify when the old crowd starts dying
and ADV and naked bikes are the big sellers now

Probably the ADV pan america, HD isnt stupid they know they have to try and diversify when the old crowd starts dying
and ADV and naked bikes are the big sellers now

yup
the ADV market makes perfect sense for them

purchasers in that segment tend to be mature riders
a few $$ in their jeans
that fits the HD premium brand strategy

the naked segment I don't see working well for them
haven't seen any pricing yet, but I bet it ends up closer to 20 than it is to 10
naked buyers tend to be younger and typically won't/can't spend that much
for a little over 10 there are many well proven, great nakeds from the big 4

There's the problem with that design of being scrunched up in a ball while you pretend to be some Isle of Man paisano on the public highway. Getting into that market is a stupid move.

I like this bike. Wonder if it will be at the show. Speculation that it is the new Sportster:

company baffles me

they had a very good, modern tech, 1250cc 60 degree V twin in house
liquid cooled, single piece machined crank
OH cams, wet sump, internally balanced, gear driven integral transmission
like, you know, 20th century engine technology

hSbxuKp.jpg

scratches head.....

They discontinued it because it was dated technology. I don't understand some guys, complaining that HD is building old engines, then complaining again when they release a new one. All of the engines in HD's lineup are new, ground-up designs that take advantage of the latest technology. They have little in common with previous HD engines. We don't know what the numbers are from the new performance v-twin, but it's got to be competitive with Indian who are the main threat to HD.

You can bet on one thing: it won't be cheap, so you can forget it if you're in for anything under $30g.

They discontinued it because it was dated technology. I don't understand some guys, complaining that HD is building old engines, then complaining again when they release a new one. All of the engines in HD's lineup are new, ground-up designs that take advantage of the latest technology. They have little in common with previous HD engines. We don't know what the numbers are from the new performance v-twin, but it's got to be competitive with Indian who are the main threat to HD.

You can bet on one thing: it won't be cheap, so you can forget it if you're in for anything under $30g.
but Why didn't they base it on a short stroke 3 cylinder radial layout? That might have been a cool advancement.

Back
Top Bottom