New H-D print ad | GTAMotorcycle.com

New H-D print ad

Clever.

One of the best brand marketing machines on the planet firing on all two cylinders.

^ Couldn't agree more.

This ad is everything wrong with Harleys current brand image. It's tragically bad. The people who grew up actually dreaming of one day owning an oil leaking, vibrating American machine are in their 70's or below ground.

I've actually heard one of the "tribe" say that out loud, but substituting Honda for Polaris.

It was in Port Hope, during the Highway of Heroes ride at the burger place near the CN viaduct. Buddy at the next table says, "Nobody grows up dreaming of a Honda!"

To which I responded, "Actually I did. I thought if I could just get my hands on an XR75 I'd be the happiest & coolest kid in the village."

Of course he had NO CLUE what an XR75 was.

This AD is fake and strange.
Headline: "..did you spend your youth dreaming about someday owning a Polaris?" [image of what looks like the top of the latest Shop Vac] Polaris is the parent company of Indian, yes —does that somehow diminish the appeal of say, owning a Scout or the new FTR1200?
AD copy: "We've been building riders (not gimmicks) for over 115 years" — don't you mean building motorcycles?

If you currently ride an Indian is it safe to assume you're worried they'll suffer the same fate as Victory in the never-ending quest for profitability? Who knows?

I did see it wasn't a real ad, but was relating a personal experience.

Harley wouldn't do an ad like that, being the market leader and all.

I kind like it. A bit bold, a bit stereotypical but it does toss some red meat to the loyal HD rider. Too bad it’s a spoof!

As for dreaming, I only remember dreaming about my buddy’s Z50. I had a Rupp Roadster that was way faster than his Honda... but he had gears, that was a dream bike.

Reactions: TK4
Anyone remember the Harley ad on tv? "I was gonna buy a Harley...i bought aluminum siding instead"says the Gramps to the grandson.

I still dont get why they went with the weird wheel sizes.
I wanna be able to put on some S22's on that FTR damnit!

Not sure how many touring riders tow food trucks . But if they do the Indian does win .

Back
Top Bottom