New Garmin GPS update interface | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Garmin GPS update interface

Baggsy

Site Supporter
Seems to have serious mental issues.

I put in a that I wanted to head to Cornwall, Ontario from Vermont, and it gave me two choices Cornwall ON and Cornwall-On-The-Hudson.
I clicked the correct one, and it tried to route me to the other. Fortunately, once it turned us south, I caught on pretty quick. So, I pulled over and clicked on history. It then gave me one entry, whereas before, it used to give a long list. Someone has too much time on their hands, if they want to make simple stuff complicated.

I want my old software back!

You sure you did not accidentally click the wrong one? That would make a GPS virtually useless if where you selected to go it brings you somewhere completely different.

For trips I plot everything in BaseCamp and go that route. I see it all before hitting the road.

You sure you did not accidentally click the wrong one? That would make a GPS virtually useless if where you selected to go it brings you somewhere completely different.

For trips I plot everything in BaseCamp and go that route. I see it all before hitting the road.
Positive. I tried clicking on the other one, and the destination didn't change. It seemed to default to the nearest location.

I'm going to take a closer look at it today. What I'll do in the meantime is put some waypoints/favourites in and then just use them.
I found how to get the list at least, it's on a sub menu now and not the default.

Car uses BaseCamp and the bike still uses MapSource.

It's a Garmin DriveAssist™ 50LMT. Now, it's possible that both entries found were for the same New York town.

Anyways, it's lucky that I had a spot in Cornwall marked as a favourite, and we were only about a half hour out of our way.

Maybe U.S. destinations override Canadian ones when you're in 'Merica?

Not familiar with that Garmin, but on my Nuvi 2797 you can specify the area you are looking in

It's a Garmin DriveAssist™ 50LMT. Now, it's possible that both entries found were for the same New York town.

Anyways, it's lucky that I had a spot in Cornwall marked as a favourite, and we were only about a half hour out of our way.

Maybe U.S. destinations override Canadian ones when you're in 'Merica?

Should not do that if you select a Canadian location. Search will search around where you are unless you specify otherwise ie search along route or search at your destination.

Might be worth contacting Garmin support and see if they have an answer for this. Does not make sense to me and I have used my Garmin GPS's a fair bit crossing the country a few times and never had issues... then again it is all plotted out before hand. I rarely search and find on the device itself.

Navigation on my crv said I was somewhere in a field in Halton near the 407 when actually I was on the QEW in Etobicoke heading towards T.O. This happened on May 15th. All is good now.

yeah those things can be goofy
my TomTom Rider has sent me down some very sketchy dirt roads

story awhile back about a retired BC couple
road trip to Vegas via GPS

device ended up getting them badly lost in Utah
middle of nowhere, out of gas, no food or water

gentleman walked for help and was found dead on the road
his wife was found a few days later in the car in very bad shape

Back
Top Bottom