New BSA Gold Star | GTAMotorcycle.com

New BSA Gold Star

Other than being distracted by the uber wide header pipe I think it's close in terms of looks.

At least it is somewhat reminiscent of an actual Goldstar.
"New" Norton is making an Atlas... HUH? WTF is that thing?

It sure looks faithful to the original in appearance. They've hidden the radiator well too.

So it appeals to me, and probably many other grey hairs but how many would buy it? Will a younger generation be interested? I can see the utility of it, spacious seat for passenger or bag and comfy riding position.

Hopefully they are successful with it and it's a solid bike.

Very nice. I would take it in British racing green. But it's a one-lung, and RE has a twin. Difficult decisions.

$13K USD for a 650cc single?
The design is well executed but is the pricing and product worth the "memory"?
IMO, the Rocket Gold Star would have been a better mould for a market bet.

Very nice. I would take it in British racing green. But it's a one-lung, and RE has a twin. Difficult decisions.
But think of the torque.

$13K USD for a 650cc single?
The design is well executed but is the pricing and product worth the "memory"?
IMO, the Rocket Gold Star would have been a better mould for a market bet.
About twice the price of a new 650cc single KLR. Certainly not twice the bike in my opinion.

But has anyone ever looked at a KLR and said, "Wow, that's a good looking bike!"? ;)

It's never happened to me on my KTM either by the way.
Actually more than once, but I rarely buy things based on what some else might think. I like to do that for myself.

I'm thinking it's a double walled header pipe to keep from discolouring and hold the noise down.

yah i believe thats what the royal enfield 650s have too. single is an interesting choice. if that means its like 400lbs, then sign me up. the RE650 is a twin but i still think the bike feels way heavy for what it is.

EDIT: wow apparently it has 213lb kerb weight? what a joke. NOPE.

Last edited:
$13K USD - priced more like a basic Triumph. If they want to crack the North American market they'll have to do better.

where is the source of the pricing? theres no way its gonna be 13K USD lol. if thats the case, thats another clear NOPE for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom