New Bridgestone S22 supersport tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Bridgestone S22 supersport tires

I see Bridgestone has released new S22 supersport tires. I've owned some older versions and was really happy with them. Any thoughts? I guess the Dunlop Q4 and Pirelli Supercorsa SP V3 are still common benchmarks? It's going to be a street-only ride, no track days. What are your thoughts?

Thx

If it’s going to be a street only bike, why are you considering a track oriented tire? I run sport touring tires, Dunlop Roadsmart 3, on my VFR and it has more than enough grip....enough to scrap knees and pegs at the Dragon. A friend uses them on his KTM RC8 and same thing. You won’t need more grip than they can provide for street riding. Plus, they last a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a set of the S21's and they were wicked! If you liked the older versions of the Battlax I can only see the S22's being better. I'd opt towards the S22's because they are alot more affordable than the Dunlop's. Not sure about the wear on the Q 4's, but the Q 3's wore down super fast.
I know the Mich 2CT are an older tire, but I have them on my bike now and am sticking (no pun intended) with them until they stop producing them. Put 10,000kms on em and the rear tire still has another 5-7,000km
Not sure what rear tire size you need but fortnine has the following prices:
Dunllop Q4 - 120/70 $177 180/55 $227 = $404+hst
Battlax S22 - 120/70 $143 180/55 $173 = $316+hst
Mich 2CT - 120/70 $138 180/55 $180 = $318+hst
For street purposes only I wouldn't bother with the Q4...they are pricey.
Happy shopping!

Back
Top Bottom