New boots | GTAMotorcycle.com

New boots

guym

Well I just bought a pair of AlpineStars SMX5 boots for the track(and long trips on the street.) Had a small 2 hour run today in them and they feel good so far, The only problem I had at first was shifting, it felt so weird compared to the work boots I use to wear. I'm sure I'll get use to it, just not as much space to fit my foot under the shifter, and I can't feel it as good as I could with my work boots.

Anyways I'm one step closer to getting onto the track at the end of the season!!:D

Work boots are terrible to ride in! Once you get used to proper boots you won't want to wear anything else. I wore running shoes the other day on a small trip for the first time in a couple years, felt like a squid all over again.

I find shifting with my boots the hardest thing!

On the street I wear specific motorcycle boots but they're a lot more flexible than what I wear on the track.

On the track I can hardly shift. This is on stock pegs though. Hoping a set of rearsets will help with that!

Twice I hit a false neutral on the straight between 1 and 2. :confused1:

I find shifting with my boots the hardest thing!

On the street I wear specific motorcycle boots but they're a lot more flexible than what I wear on the track.

On the track I can hardly shift. This is on stock pegs though. Hoping a set of rearsets will help with that!

Twice I hit a false neutral on the straight between 1 and 2. :confused1:

Yea for the first few times(3 or 4) coming out of first I went into neutral, but on my way home I didn't end up getting into neutral, I think it will just take some getting use to.

I havn't done much walking in them, just abit around the house but I didn't find them rubing against my shin. Are you getting use to the shifting? I think half way threw my ride I started to, but still felt weird.

I got used to it a bit but sometimes use my old boots. I nearly dropped my bike on a hill because I couldn't find 1st with that boot

I think I'm getting use to them a bit more now, went for another hour and a bit run and I only went into Neutral once, Ha and it was after the last red light of my run, I blame the hot chick on the sidewalk distracting me.(Blaming someone else that makes me a true track rider now right!!?) LOL JK
Still feels weird shifting in the boots tho..... Owell need more seat time.

I've had trouble with the A* boots that have the inner boot, I cant feel the foot controls at all.
I went right back to SIDI and fell in lover all over again with them.
I had gotten the A* to match the rest of my track gear, of which works phenomenal.

I know it cuts into aerodynamics BUT if you tilt your foot sideways (push knee slightly away from bike) instead of lifting (pivot) you may have more luck till the boots soften up. Good luck!

I think I'm more less use to them now, was just really weird at first had another 2 hour run today with no shifting issues.
Sadz - Yea that's more less what I've started to do, But I just move my foot(unless I did move my knee and didn't really notice doing it) away from the bike to get under the shifter, it seams to be working great for me. Next time I'm out I'll move the knee a bit as well and see how that goes.

Thanks all :)

They make the shifter adustable for a reason.............just sayin'
werd.gif

Also, try shifting on an old (70s) motorcycle where you're sitting straight up and down.
Really have to jam the foot under there in boots. Anything else seems easy for me now :)

Back
Top Bottom