Neustadt Springs Brewery | GTAMotorcycle.com

Neustadt Springs Brewery

Gummiente

Site Supporter
If beer lovers find themselves up in Grey County this coming long weekend, they should make a stop at the Neustadt Springs Brewery on Grey Rd 10. The town of Neustadt is located halfway between Clifford and Hanover and is in the heart of some nice, quiet touring roads. Brewery is on the left side as you come down the hill into the town (heading north from Clifford). They have a good selection of different lagers and ales, all in tall cans for easy transport.

Attachments

• 19may11.jpg
    19may11.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 48
That's the one with the brewery tour that takes you into the cave to see the spring right?

That's the one with the brewery tour that takes you into the cave to see the spring right?

Yep, except they don't show the springs anymore, just a tour of the caverns.

[and if you want to spend the night in the area there is a great little inn in the town.. Noah's Inn... restaurant and 3 rooms upstairs... you'd have to reserve but it's a lovely little place and the owner is bike friendly.

Yes, Noah's Inn - highly recommended!

Also, for anyone into Canada's political history, Neustadt is where John G Diefenbaker was born. The house was converted into a museum and has many interesting items and articles from his days in Parliament.

Thanks for this, Gummiente. Since Neustadt 10W30 is my beer of choice, I really should pay those folks a visit (pilgrimage?). Not a lot of curves out that way, but the countryside is lovely.

Pete, if you like 10W30 as much as I do, you'll love the other brews they have there. Ones that you can't get at any LCBO, they're only available at the brewery.

If you make the pilgrimage to touch the holy copper kettles, ask for their Oktoberfest lager... a smooth, easy flowing brew that goes down well but has a sudden and strong hops aftertaste that will reach out and *****-slap your tastebuds on the way by. The Bruce County Lager is pretty good, too; kind of like their Scotch ale but with a more full bodied taste.

Sounds like we may have some members of the this group who are beer afficionados...:) Would be great to do a "Brewery Ride" to visit some of the great breweries we have just outside the GTA.

Back
Top Bottom