Need y’all’s thoughts on a bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need y’all’s thoughts on a bike

Canuckles

Got recommended the KTM 390 adventure or the 390 duke by a dealer at GP (guy had owned the adventure for several years and liked it a lot) I got to sit on both and get a feel of the bike and honestly the adventure fit really well for my build I’m nearing 6ft 4 or 5 the duke was a little bit too small for me but I also liked the design of the adventure better just wanted to know what y’all think of it

From some light reading it seems the 390 Adventure is functionally superior, looks a little cooler, and is a bit more comfortable. Supposedly the main thing the Duke has over the Adventure is that it is nimbler. I think you could sleep soundly picking the ADV

Beauty thanks for your input I know how I feel about how comfortable I feel on it sizing wise my main thing is making sure I know of any possible short comings I need to be prepared for. But I definitely agree I love the look of the adv over the duke

ADV for sure.
Bet thank you so far it’s looking promising I’ll have the money towards start of June and I ran some insurance numbers and it’s within my insurance budget. Fits my build perfectly. I don’t mean to sound cliche but when I sat on it, it felt like it was made for me. Plus I didn’t get a super long look at it just looked at some pictures today to show my family and my god is it a sexy looking machine. I think it’s gonna bring me a lot of joy snd
Happiness

I also got my girlfriends seal of approval on it her dad rides and she grew up going on rides with him so she knows a little about bikes

Watch some reviews of the 390 Adventure if you haven't already. The ones I've seen all mention the same deficiencies for actual off-road riding - footpegs, ground clearance, and tires - which you would want consider the cost to upgrade. On the other hand, as a beginner rider this may not affect you immediately (or at all if you're just into the styling - and nothing wrong with that). Here's one, but search for others:

Watch some reviews of the 390 Adventure if you haven't already. The ones I've seen all mention the same deficiencies for actual off-road riding - footpegs, ground clearance, and tires - which you would want consider the cost to upgrade. On the other hand, as a beginner rider this may not affect you immediately (or at all if you're just into the styling - and nothing wrong with that). Here's one, but search for others:

Thanks for this I’ll check them out tbh I’ll mostly be on paved roads it’s just most of the more sporty bikes I’ve tried just don’t comfortably fit my bigger frame. The sales guy did let me know of some of the downsides when it comes to off-road which was too be expected I’ve been told dual sports make both mediocre road and off road bikes. The style fits my liking but my Major thing is my
Comfort I want a bike that fits me

How about the Kawasaki klx300, Suzuki drz400 or Honda crf300?
Granted, I am not a KTM person, specially as a first bike, but I may be wrong...
I’ll check them out the cfr was recommended to me but after some research it’s not quite what I’m looking for. I’ll check out your other 2 recommendations but just from experience on the bikes they’ve let me sit on my highest level of comfort has been with the KTM

It feels like you can't wait to start riding and KTM is right there available :)
It's def an advantage you sit on it and like it so if it within your means go for it, ADV version would be a good option to learn on.
Just don't modify it heavily if you buy it so you can easily trade it in (without loosing much on upgrades) for another bike if you see something that interests you more comes available. and by then you will have a year or two of solid experience as well. Cheers.

It feels like you can't wait to start riding and KTM is right there available :)
It's def an advantage you sit on it and like it so if it within your means go for it, ADV version would be a good option to learn on.
Just don't modify it heavily if you buy it so you can easily trade it in (without loosing much on upgrades) for another bike if you see something that interests you more comes available. and by then you will have a year or two of solid experience as well. Cheers.
Of course I’m not looking to do any mods at the moment only thing I might do is possibly remove the handle guards though tbh after looking at it more I think I might prefer them on

I’ll check them out the cfr was recommended to me but after some research it’s not quite what I’m looking for. I’ll check out your other 2 recommendations but just from experience on the bikes they’ve let me sit on my highest level of comfort has been with the KTM

The CRF300 also comes in a Rally edition, which is more like the KTM 390 Adventure, if you weren't aware. GP should also be able to sell you one of those, or let you test ride one side by side to the KTM if you wanted.

CRF typically have the very narrow seats don't they? Probably not ideal for a street bike, if you plan to put the miles on.

Key point to remember - This is the first bike you'll own, not the only bike you'll own.
Buy what ever feels right and is within you budget, just check insurance prior to the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom