Need to fab a horn bracket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need to fab a horn bracket

ferda

Hi guys, do you know of a metal shop that wouldn't mind helping me fab a bracket for my horn (Denali soundbomb) on my '18 SV 650.
Ideally someone in the east end of Toronto.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it out. However, as I have the soundbomb and not the mini, I am not sure it will work the same way. I will give it a try nevertheless

Some imagination, a bench vise, a hammer, a drill, and a few chunks of metal (available at Canadian Tire, Metal Supermarket, etc) are the way to get this job done.

Cardboard templates are useful for figuring out what the metal pieces eventually need to look like.

I just used some of this that was galvanized:
iu

qtMPuuCh.jpg

I used these for holding the horn itself, and the straps to lock it into place:
iu

You could probably even zip tie it, if you're going to check it often.

Where did you end up mounting it?

Red is the horn, blue is the relay switch. I left the original horn intact, so if I ever need to switch back it's just a matter of moving the two wires from the relay to the old horn.
yLrlFRsh.jpg

Keep in mind that sound from a horn should be quite directional. Keeping the horn pointed forward will help to get the sound where you need it. If it's not possible, you are still probably louder than stock, but if redoing it anyway, you might as well get the best performance possible.

Red is the horn, blue is the relay switch. I left the original horn intact, so if I ever need to switch back it's just a matter of moving the two wires from the relay to the old horn.
yLrlFRsh.jpg
What bike is this on?

Keep in mind that sound from a horn should be quite directional. Keeping the horn pointed forward will help to get the sound where you need it. If it's not possible, you are still probably louder than stock, but if redoing it anyway, you might as well get the best performance possible.
True but the Denali soundbomb says not to keep the horn facing forward, due to water and other items being injested into the unit .

It's on a 2009 VStrom 650. I put it this way to protect it, and it allows the horn to face mostly down, so that it will not fill with water. If you pull your fairing, or check with an online group for your specific bike, there might be a spot to accommodate the horn. Make sure if you do this that the bars can still turn full lock to full lock without interference.

That's my problem. I have an sv650 a naked bike. I really don't have a good place to mount it.

Back
Top Bottom