Need to borrow front end stand to turn around front rim in Peterborough! ASAP lol | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need to borrow front end stand to turn around front rim in Peterborough! ASAP lol

KyokushinFighter

My front rim is backwards. I have a rear stand only. If you are in the Peterborough area, I can pick it up and return it. It will take only a few minutes. Just noticed this today as I was putting on new brakes. I didn't install it! Any help would be appreciated! Call my cell at (705) 313-0561

Thanks
-Matt

Sorry for the bump! Need some help Peterborough riders! lol It would figure that the Ride for the troops was today! lol Good cause though!

There should be a direction arrow on the rim. If the rim is actually installed incorrectly, and you want to turn it around, you can use the rear stand to balance the bike and just throw a jack under it. That will bring the front up for you.

The wheel (rim) and the tire should both have an arrow on them to indicate their intended direction of rotation. Are they both pointing in the wrong direction? If no, then the tire is installed backwards and needs to be dismounted and remounted also. Plus balance checked.

Tire is on the right way on the rim. I was not there when the rim was put on. It was dark. The person was just ina rush no biggie. No ratchet straps and no car jack. The whole wheel just needs to be flipped around.

Back
Top Bottom