need opinion on this bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

need opinion on this bike?

rashidme

so i am shopping for a bike and i found these two deals:
1) 2009 Kawi zx6r monster edition 3000km asking $8999 at kahuna powersports. (unknown slip on)
2) 2008 Honda Fireblade 1000RR 12000km $8500 (yoshi R77 slip on and other goodies, private deal)

Now i am confused coz i like both, but kahuna wont give me much of a deal and i dont know what is a good price to offer. But on the other hand Fireblade is a wicked bike (haven't owned one but from what i have heard).

Can you guys please give me an advice on the price range that i should be offering.

Thanks in advance.

Might I suggest that you call your insurance broker before buying?

Might I suggest that you call your insurance broker before buying?
Thats the first thing i did :).
For the zx6r i got a quote of 124/month(full coverage). Still waiting for the fireblade.

Fit and finish on the Honda in my opinion will impress you alone. However some 08's are notorious for huge oil consumption issues.

Fit and finish on the Honda in my opinion will impress you alone. However some 08's are notorious for huge oil consumption issues.

good point.
This is what the seller is saying:
Full Synthetic Oil every 5k (Does not have the excessive oil consumption problem some 2008 models are known to have)

good point.
This is what the seller is saying:
Full Synthetic Oil every 5k (Does not have the excessive oil consumption problem some 2008 models are known to have)

Unfortunately could be a red flag since maybe he knows all to well about the issue...lol

Well.....the differents for both bikes it's only $400, in cc we are talking 400cc more power compare to a 600cc. Now are you ready to buy a 1000cc?? Can you afford the insurance? You already know what i would buy, but hey.. you have to decide.

Well.....the differents for both bikes it's only $400, in cc we are talking 400cc more power compare to a 600cc. Now are you ready to buy a 1000cc?? Can you afford the insurance? You already know what i would buy, but hey.. you have to decide.

but what about the oil consumption issue, i am kinda worried now.

i am also inclined towards the ninja but not sure what price should i be offering??

but what about the oil consumption issue, i am kinda worried now.

Do your research carefully on any Honda forums and start your home work asking questions.
Unfortunaly i don't have any info regarding this topic.

i am also inclined towards the ninja but not sure what price should i be offering??
I got a 2010 GSXR 750 for 8500

I wouldn't offer a penny more than 8k for the ZX6R, the Honda seems to be priced better.

I got a 2010 GSXR 750 for 8500

I wouldn't offer a penny more than 8k for the ZX6R, the Honda seems to be priced better.

wow!!! you got a good deal. is there much of a difference insurance wise between 600/750??
well i am visiting kahuna tomorrow see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom