Need help choosing a school for M2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help choosing a school for M2

Johnny5

I have read about Humber, RTI and Learning Curves. Can anyone give me some opinions, good or bad about each? Does anyone know the respective success/fail rates of the students for each school?

If you went to one them how was your experience, did you feel you learned alot and satisfied after completion?

Also who has the best bikes? I want to learn on a Cruiser and i know Humber has a fleet of them, Learning Curves has only sports bikes in the pics on their site, and RTI doesn't say on their website. Any help is appreciated.

Humber - if you're tall they have some of the 250 cc cruisers set up with taller handlebars that you can ask for.

Try and get the same bike for both days as the friction points on the clutches can be different from bike to bike.

Last edited:
I'm sure you will hear good and bad about all of them, confusing you even more. Choose the one in your area, or cheapest if that's a concern, or where you can get earliest... doesn't really matter. I'm sure they all teach the exact same principals, and if you are confident in your riding (or believe you will be), the success rate really has nothing to do with anything.

I just completed the RTI course 2 weekends ago and absolutely loved the instructors...I thought that it was a great teaching style and very organized!! there were ppl of varying levels taking the course with me and i felt that i was able to get personalized feedback. it was definitely a very fun atmosphere and i would totally recommend them!!

I went to Sheridan, it was pretty good. Full class of about 40 people split up into 4 groups of 10. Lots of different kinds of bikes, I don't remember them all, I was on a Yamaha dirt bike, they had a bunch of cbr 125's... I didn't really notice any cruiser kind of bikes. Only 3 people didn't pass in the class. You could always call ahead of time and ask what types of bikes they offer :)

Choose the one that is closest to you

Pretty much sums it up. Find the one closest to you with the earliest available course date. They are all good. Me and my friends went to Humber north, enjoyed the course.

I signed up for the course at Centennial College the day I passed my M1. It's in a few weeks and they had a lot of availability last time when I checked. Their course web-site said that they have Suzuki(?) 250cc Marauder cruisers listed. But I signed up at Centennial there since the closest RTI location that I wanted was fully booked until the end of August. :( Best thing about Centennial is that they also do weekday courses if that works better for you. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to start.

Humber - if you're tall they have some of the 250 cc cruisers set up with taller handlebars that you can ask for.

Try and get the same bike for both days as the friction points on the clutches can be different from bike to bike.

But then again, you also want to get the feel for different type bikes. Unless you really really insist on a cruiser, try out the other bikes.

I signed up for the course at Centennial College the day I passed my M1. It's in a few weeks and they had a lot of availability last time when I checked. Their course web-site said that they have Suzuki(?) 250cc Marauder cruisers listed. But I signed up at Centennial there since the closest RTI location that I wanted was fully booked until the end of August. :sad: Best thing about Centennial is that they also do weekday courses if that works better for you. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to start.

I'm pretty sure RTI does weekday classes as well. I finished an overnight shift and I headed over to Polson Pier to chill, relax and take pictures. Saw RTI there doing a class. Don't remember the day though.

RTI does weekday classes as well. I did mine on a Monday, Tuesday.... Because I went with them and had a great experience I would say go with them being a little bias. Not sure how the others are but I have heard good things about learning curves as well on here.

I'm pretty sure RTI does weekday classes as well. I finished an overnight shift and I headed over to Polson Pier to chill, relax and take pictures. Saw RTI there doing a class. Don't remember the day though.

Thanks for the clarification. I only have a vague recollection of their schedule since RTI told me they were almost fully booked for a lot of their locations.

Back
Top Bottom