Need advice for 3 Days In California | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need advice for 3 Days In California

Piggybacking this thread, is there any fear of driving (in a cage) in the dark around California's state/national parks?

Rough idea: just over 48 hours in total before redeye on Sunday, likely skipping the PCH as I'll return with the missus for that.

Fly into LAX Thursday evening, and heading towards Yosemite directly, then visit Sierra/Sequoia (maybe Kings Canyon) on the slow way back. I believe I'll need some sort of park pass.. I may stealth camp at some point and enter the park under darkness, and be gone shortly after sunrise.

Is the east side of the mountain range (Mammoth lakes, mono lake, Mt. Whitney) worth the detour on i 395 and skip the Sierra/Sequoia loop?

Piggybacking this thread,...Sequoia...
Sequoia is the best thing to see on the west coast, possibly the world :|
go when it is open, is way up in the mountains they get a lot of snow and cold up there. Chains are required during snow season.

That's a lot of driving for a 48 hour layover. If you haven't seen so Cal and have a couple of days, pickup a cheapie Eagle Rider rental, they rent Yamaha bikes really cheap - MT07 $50/day, a MT09 or SuperTenere for $80/day. There are endless canyons to explore in So Cal, and of course there's the PCH heading north (which is the only way I'd do it on a bike).

Back
Top Bottom