Need a US address for free shipping. Is the CBIUSA still the best option? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a US address for free shipping. Is the CBIUSA still the best option?

Yes, i had the displeasure of crossing at huron and using a shipping company there. Ugh, CBI is 10x better. Cheerful, helpful and always great.

Ive only heard good things about both these 2 services (CBI and USAdress).

I use Kinek to get things shipped to either Detroit or Lewiston, depending on my travel plans. I don't know how well CBI and USAdress work, but Kinek is astonishingly simple.

Alternatively, you could use a service like http://www.opas.com/. They actually receive your stuff, then reship it to your Canadian address, for a fee. They're handy as a shipping aggregator to save on brokerage fees, but (at least when I used them a year ago) you need to pay for their better membership level to get package aggregation. Bit tedious to enter your shipment details so they know what to expect, etc.

Umm, 2 bucks a day after two weeks? Its months sometimes before i go and pickup parcels from CBI. At that rate i'd be broke.

I dont wanna send something and then have a clock countdown running in the back of my head. Schedules change, things happen, sometimes you're not able to go and get something for weeks....

Big negative on that....

I use Parcel Donkey, good service and convenient at the Queenston Lewiston Border
http://www.parceldonkeyusa.com/

Another question:
Are we allowed to bring stuff like engine oil, aerosol cans like chain cleaner from Usa to canada?

Umm, 2 bucks a day after two weeks? Its months sometimes before i go and pickup parcels from CBI. At that rate i'd be broke.

I dont wanna send something and then have a clock countdown running in the back of my head. Schedules change, things happen, sometimes you're not able to go and get something for weeks....

Big negative on that....

They've always had that policy, but I have yet to be charged. I've had things sit there for 2-3 weeks.

@Zeelee - new member, and you resurrected a 5 year old thread....to add your one liner...

10/10, would read again.

CBI's new location is tricky to find
It's not actually "on" the street...
Google streetview it so you dont end up circling the block over and over like I did... Lol

If I'm interested in making a run to Lewiston, I use Kinek.

If I don't have time, I use crossborderpickups.ca. They receive in Niagara Falls, NY, then drive the package(s) up to one of two locations in the GTA (the Mississauga one isn't far from my place). About $9 per package (you can combine packages to save a bit), plus sales tax and duty if appropriate. They'll also ship to you in Canada, but I don't know if they're reasonable or not.

Hmm interesting this thread popped up. I am in the process of using crossborderpickups and I have to say I am not to impressed. I ordered something and it arrived to their location in the US almost a week and 1/2 ago. Got a message stating I needed to provide more info, which I did. Then nothing. A week or so goes by and I reach out to them to find out where the package is, and they tell me they need more information, which I explain I have done.... </sigh>

I am hoping this is not typical service from them, but I am looking for alternatives now. Suggestions appreciated.

When you supply "more information", which typically includes the item value (many shippers fail to include an invoice in the package, including Amazon), you then select if you want it immediately brought up or set aside to be combined with other packages that may or may not be there.

I've never had an issue with them, and I've received many dozens of packages. Takes a day or two once you've set your package for importing.

Ive been using nyaddress.ca for 3 years. half the cost of cbi and the place ain’t as fancy but no problem so far. And ny opens on Sunday.

I've used usaddressinc for years, never an issue. $5usd cash per parcel and they're just off the first exit after the Queenston/Lewiston crossing.

Back
Top Bottom