Need a shop recommendation | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a shop recommendation

I don't know Ted, never used his shop but I do know business. Ted as a business owner is not only in the motorcycle repair business, he is also in the profit business. He has the liberty to pick and choose the work he does. I would think he knows his business far better than you (where is that Pegassus Mechanics 101 thread again?) and I would also think he knows which jobs will add to his bottom line while others will erode it.

Keeping in mind all the internet sh*t talk because it took him too long to source parts and get the bike back to the owner and every internet warrior that knows better than he does. So thank you and the internet for making business owners rethink their position. Everyone so eager to piss on a guy assuming that they are out to getcha when all they want to do, just like you, is earn a respectable wage while not selling their soul and being able to sleep at night. Nope roll in an azzhat like our dear friend here with all the stats, know how and sh*t talk.

Sure, internet reviews are very helpful but one also needs to learn how to read critically. Do you ever think deeper than a pothole? Isn't there an insurance scam or traffic ticket that needs a superhero?

I couldn't agree more. There is a bike shop near me that won't do a safety if the bike is older than 2000. No big deal, then take your bike to another shop. Don't use his shop, but there is no need to trash his shop on the internet. Business owners have to do what is best for them and for their business. It might not work for everyone, but it works for them. They understand that they might lose some business because of it, but that is their choice.

I've used twin seasons in georgetown and had a good experience with a safety. He actually took some time with the bike I bought (that only had 2000 km's on it). I knew the bike was mint as I knew the owner personally.

Came back and of course said the bike is perfect and no issues. Didn't try to sell me "ghost" repairs.

Does George still own corsa mechanicca? He has been fair with me in the past although other have had issues on the sales end (IIRC, he sold an rsv ot tuono to shaman out from under sonnythebull and really annoyed him).

yes

had my Capo in there last week for auto-suspension system fault
they hooked up PADS, found one open circuit fault, chased that down and cleared it
flashed a newer firmware, calibrated the system, test road the bike twice
ADD is back to doing it's magic

all for one hour's labour
I'd highly recommend them for Aprilia service

yes

had my Capo in there last week for auto-suspension system fault
they hooked up PADS, found one open circuit fault, chased that down and cleared it
flashed a newer firmware, calibrated the system, test road the bike twice
ADD is back to doing it's magic

all for one hour's labour
I'd highly recommend them for Aprilia service

electronically adjustable suspension?

electronically adjustable suspension?

yes

rear preload can be adjusted through the cluster based on pillion/panniers etc
damping for front and rear is constantly tweaked based on road conditions, speed, frame flex etc

the latter half of the system is what makes the bike hugely planted whatever is happening
it's the magic part

Ted at rosy toes......the place looks a little shady, and ted isnt the most clean cut dude, but he can saftey the bike for you at certainly a reasonable price.

I'll add the dude is funny as f*ck too.
Yea ted cracks me up, I always see him at the bike shows too

Back
Top Bottom