My motorcycle virginity...it's gone | GTAMotorcycle.com

My motorcycle virginity...it's gone

Tjf

So I got my brand new 2012 Ninja 250R on Tuesday and absolutely love the look. I had to ride it home around 5km and I have to say, it was AMAZING! I bought an Alpinestar leather perforated jacket and the perforation is absolute heaven. I did cheap out on leather pants but I'm probably going to buy some Kevlar jeans.

My neck is a little sore, but I'm sure it'll go away once I keep riding more. It's so addicting! Thanks all for all the help, you guys have no idea how much it helped me.

Congrats on the new ride. Yes, your neck muscles will strengthen up the more you ride as you will find your helmet heavy at the start.
Safe riding.

whew. thought this was going to turn into a strange Atom Egoyan type script.

Good stuff, feels good to finally get out there I'm sure.

Glad you are wearing the gear too in this crazy weather.

Some cheaper helmets are very heavy as well. Make sure you buy as light as possible to reduce neck strain. Nevertheless, I have stopped feeling any discomfort around neck area after few months of riding.

+1
I notice it at the start of the season for a day or two.

Congrats. Welcome to the addiction. For street riding there's nothing wrong with kevlar jeans. Biggest thing to remember is head up and smooth fluid movements and you'll be fine. Even if you bought the most expensive helmet in the world, you'd find it heavy as you're not used to it. Time and mileage will make it go away. Have fun out there :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom