My insurance for 1 bike--- $1437- 2013 Honda Fury- Male 46 Toronto Area | GTAMotorcycle.com

My insurance for 1 bike--- $1437- 2013 Honda Fury- Male 46 Toronto Area

Veej

So this year my insurance for 1 bike a 2013 Honda Fury (1300cc) is $1437 ($119.75 monthly)

Male
Full M since 2009
Toronto area
Clean driving record, according to my broker my licence rating is at best it can be.

Just want to know if my insurance is in the same ball park as everyone else with similar bikes/age/records.

Sounds high for that bike. Have you called around for quotes

I just got a great quote from Dalton/Timmins on an Echalon policy, $751 for my FJR and $262 for my little SP125 enduro.

I just got a great quote from Dalton/Timmins on an Echalon policy, $751 for my FJR and $262 for my little SP125 enduro.

Ya I'm DT also and they keep saying that is the best price they have through the company rosters they have, I'm thinking they are just lazy and don't want to shop around.

Is your age and location similar to mine? also how long have you been licenced?

Ya I'm DT also and they keep saying that is the best price they have through the company rosters they have, I'm thinking they are just lazy and don't want to shop around.

Is your age and location similar to mine? also how long have you been licenced?
Markham, 56, licenced & insured 40 years.

I'm paying around $1200.00 for my 2009 Dyna.
57, 40 years riding, full coverage, clean record, living in a condo in Toronto.

Markham, 56, licenced & insured 40 years.

Your location helping you on this one, I was talking to a TD rep, he said Scarborough is higher rated area therefore we pay more, we are the Bronx of Toronto :( Still I wish I can find something in the $1000 range or cheaper

Last edited:
I'm paying around $1200.00 for my 2009 Dyna.
57, 40 years riding, full coverage, clean record, living in a condo in Toronto.

Ya so that means mine at: 46 yrs old, clean record 10 yrs riding, at $1476 may be in the right ballpark?

Ya so that means mine at: 46 yrs old, clean record 10 yrs riding, at $1476 may be in the right ballpark?
I think that's a little high. Markham and Brampton are more expensive than Scarborough. Harley's, particularly Dynas, have a hefty premium because of theft rates, Honda cruisers do not. A VTX should be close but less expensive than same sized ST -- your quote is more than I paid last year on my Hayabusa.

I think that's a little high. Markham and Brampton are more expensive than Scarborough. Harley's, particularly Dynas, have a hefty premium because of theft rates, Honda cruisers do not. A VTX should be close but less expensive than same sized ST -- your quote is more than I paid last year on my Hayabusa.

That's what I'm thinking but can't find anything in the $1000 range, cheapest is TD Meloche Monnex and that too with my wife being a TD employee they offered $1,178, and if I leave Pembridge now I have to pay $350 penalty so basically wiping out the savings, and TD's quote is for until Feb 2020 so only 9 months therefore could be more come renewal.

I'm stumped my self, I actually had Daltom timmins quote me a HD 2016 V-ROD Muscle, that came out the just a $100 more the than the my 2013 Honda Fury... they said the Fury is on a higher claim record than the V-Rod so here I got a higher rated bike in a higher rated neighborhood. ****!

I think you (@Veej) are in Scarborough, from what I have seen of your commute posts, not favourable for insurance. I've lived here a long time and haven't seen rates go down at all. I've only been riding 2 years and I am around $1850 with just liability only, 1690 cc HD, which was at the time $200 more then a mid range cruiser. It makes no sense and never will, but they keep trying to get more of your money.

I think you (@Veej) are in Scarborough, from what I have seen of your commute posts, not favourable for insurance. I've lived here a long time and haven't seen rates go down at all. I've only been riding 2 years and I am around $1850 with just liability only, 1690 cc HD, which was at the time $200 more then a mid range cruiser. It makes no sense and never will, but they keep trying to get more of your money.

Ya Scarborough sucks for insurance according some of the agents I've spoken to.

maybe write to your local MPP about the matter. we here pretty much agree how motorcycle insurance premiums have gotta out of hand. But have to take our concerns out of the forum and into the public.

Is that for absolute minimal coverage? Guessing no or it is high
but what else is new we all pay big bucks. Possibly they are justifying a huge charge by fact of the large displacement, but if it wasn't that it would be something else, all Ontario motorcycle insurance rates suck, is like shopping for food and your choices are rotten apples or rotten meat.

@Veej Hey who did you end up getting your renewal with?
I have to renewal soon, and we are a pretty close match in terms of age and area.
Thx

I'm on a Harley V-Rod paying $1000/yr. It's 1,130cc. Interesting to note is that the 1200cc Sportster, despite being slower, less torquey, and overall worth less (and some might say worthless lol), is more to insure. Those 70ccs cost an extra $100+ /yr.

Back
Top Bottom