My Insurance Dropped From $1,047 to $876 (A Year) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Insurance Dropped From $1,047 to $876 (A Year)

Echelon to Wawanesa
very happy with the change
I had a terrible experience dealing with Wawanesa when I had to make a claim.

The broker also called me annoying for just trying to ensure I didn't break their rules regarding mods and whatnot.

I had a terrible experience dealing with Wawanesa when I had to make a claim.

The broker also called me annoying for just trying to ensure I didn't break their rules regarding mods and whatnot.

Is it true, so I've heard, Wawanesa will only insure riders who've been M licenced 5+ years?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Really did you tell them to f-off for being a A-hole? Seriously or at least dealt with another agent.

Really did you tell them to f-off for being a A-hole? Seriously or at least dealt with another agent.
I left them after the bad claims experience. They couldn't find a shop that could paint my car properly so they were going to write it off. Turned out the first terrible shop in the process used a non-paintable product under my paint which is why the next shops they sent me to couldn't fix it. Went to a smaller and in theory more shady shop and the guy knew right away what was wrong. Then insurance screwed him on payment but he did it anyway because I knew a family member of his.

When I told the broker I was leaving he forwarded my email to someone in retentions with the note, "Sucks for your retention numbers but this guy is annoying anyway." She then forwarded me that with her confirmation that my policy with them had been terminated.

I included both of them on my reply thanking her for the confirmation and stated that I will never annoy them with my business again.

I left them after the bad claims experience. They couldn't find a shop that could paint my car properly so they were going to write it off. Turned out the first terrible shop in the process used a non-paintable product under my paint which is why the next shops they sent me to couldn't fix it. Went to a smaller and in theory more shady shop and the guy knew right away what was wrong. Then insurance screwed him on payment but he did it anyway because I knew a family member of his.

When I told the broker I was leaving he forwarded my email to someone in retentions with the note, "Sucks for your retention numbers but this guy is annoying anyway." She then forwarded me that with her confirmation that my policy with them had been terminated.

I included both of them on my reply thanking her for the confirmation and stated that I will never annoy them with my business again.
Yikkes that is some terrible customer service. You seemed very patient with them though.

Yikkes that is some terrible customer service. You seemed very patient with them though.
Oh I was. They sent me to 3 different shops.

The first one was the Ford dealer in Guelph. They didn't even fix the dent and used non-paintable gravel guard. When I pointed out the dent the manager took a real close look, claimed it was a complex curve and that they did an excellent job matching the other side. It obviously still looked like someone had backed into it (which is what happened).

The other 2 shops couldn't get the paint to stick to that gravel guard (but the second place at least fixed the dent).

Last shop I found myself through my coworker. Immediately told me it all had to be stripped down because of the incorrect gravel guard. Wawanesa paid them $400 to strip and paint the entire driver's side of the car because they claimed to have paid those other shops too much already.

Is it true, so I've heard, Wawanesa will only insure riders who've been M licenced 5+ years?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
I'm not sure about that. This was a few years ago and I think I had my bike insured separately.

My DRZ went $1200, to $9xx, to $490. Three years in a row.
I'm sorry buddy but I simply won't believe this. Unless you moved from Toronto to Chipetwawaka,Ontario on the shores of Hudson Bay.

12 years ago I was paying over $650/yr for a 350cc dual-sport, and I'm sure I have a better record and I'm older than you.

I'm sorry buddy but I simply won't believe this. Unless you moved from Toronto to Chipetwawaka,Ontario on the shores of Hudson Bay.

12 years ago I was paying over $650/yr for a 350cc dual-sport, and I'm sure I have a better record and I'm older than you.
quite a few companies offer deep discounts when you meet certain criteria.

quite a few companies offer deep discounts when you meet certain criteria.

Yup. I'm paying $400 ish / year for full coverage on my 1700.

My new tenere 700 has zero crash history lol. I'm paying $413/year with 2 mil liability, full coverage on everything with replacement value.
I'm sure it'll go up as claims history rises on this model.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Are you guys living in parallel reality?
50yo, over 20 years continuous motorcycle insurance, no tickets, no claims. The best I can find is:
KTM 690 Enduro - $900 (liability + special perils)
KTM 1290 Super Duke R - $1800 (full)
Tried M&W, Allstate, Rider Plus, etc.
Any suggestions?

Are you guys living in parallel reality?
50yo, over 20 years continuous motorcycle insurance, no tickets, no claims. The best I can find is:
KTM 690 Enduro - $900 (liability + special perils)
KTM 1290 Super Duke R - $1800 (full)
Tried M&W, Allstate, Rider Plus, etc.
Any suggestions?
Super Duke is probably going to be rough anywhere you go, 1,300cc sport bike.

I'd try Wawanesa, you should qualify for elite rider discount.

Those posting cheap insurance numbers must live in the sticks. Won't see those rates in town.
I am paying pretty close to what @EX500R2001 is for the Super Duke for my HD.
?‍♂️ anyhow just posting yearly rate isn't comparable.

Sorry to break it ya buddy but its true, no reason to lie, I switched companies when I was able to and met their criteria

Living in the sticks doesn't buy you much,
never ever making a claim and riding almost forever, that just means you've already paid a staggering amount of money with zero return.
You don't even get a gold star or a 2% discount for clean driving record, you get raised rates because the other guy, well apparently he makes good on claims.

... don't go to Wawanesa if you are going to make claims, that's who I'm with on one bike
:|

Back
Top Bottom