My Insurance Dropped From $1,047 to $876 (A Year) | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Insurance Dropped From $1,047 to $876 (A Year)

Pegassus

Site Supporter
Now that's shocking. I live in Toronto in Canada's 2nd most-expensive zip code for insurance (after Brampton). My policy went down from $1,047 to $876/year.

My bike is a 750cc naked sport-tourer.

7Image1.jpg

Well got 3 tickets on a commercial truck 4 years ago I guess its now erased from record (they never jacked up the price).

I'm over 35 with no accidents and no claims, had my "M" licence since 2010. I think I'm paying a comfortable insurance rate.

Good catch! Missed that. The quote I got from them was terrible.
What were you quoted? Im curious to know, and how old are you?

I phoned around every year to get a lower premium than Intact, even called my vehicle insurer Desjardins, and nobody gave me a lower price so with Intact Im staying.

What were you quoted? Im curious to know, and how old are you?

I phoned around every year to get a lower premium than Intact, even called my vehicle insurer Desjardins, and nobody gave me a lower price so with Intact Im staying.
I was quoted $2841 libility only. No bundle. Exact quote from 2 different brokers dealing with Intact. Mid 40's, Harley, Scarborough, 2 years Riding. Some of those are negative factors but this quote was $1092 more then I was paying previously. I have found better quotes but still shopping around.

I was quoted $2841 libility only. No bundle. Exact quote from 2 different brokers dealing with Intact. Mid 40's, Harley, Scarborough, 2 years Riding. Some of those are negative factors but this quote was $1092 more then I was paying previously. I have found better quotes but still shopping around.
Wow, what's the displacement on your Harley ? 2841 is insane. 1k more than what I was paying for full coverage on a liter SS.

Wow, what's the displacement on your Harley ? 2841 is insane. 1k more than what I was paying for full coverage on a liter SS.
's
Yes it is.
1690 it's a cruiser.
Before I bought the bike I priced out Mid Cruiser's 650cc's etc and they were only $200 less so why not go up.
Well hopefully next year things improve as it will be my 3rd year. One can hope.

's
Yes it is.
1690 it's a cruiser.
Before I bought the bike I priced out Mid Cruiser's 650cc's etc and they were only $200 less so why not go up.
Well hopefully next year things improve as it will be my 3rd year. One can hope.
Hmm surprised. Given your age + 2 years licensed + M (right?) ... Thats too expensive for a cruiser, even if it's 1700cc. Could it be that particular cruiser for whatever reason ? Have you tried pricing something similar just to see if there's a difference ?

I'd say you were overpaying and now it's a bit more normal. I paid about $750 per year for my Aprilia Shiver 750. 31 Male Toronto. But I have my house and car with TD as well so there's some discounts being applied.

Hmm surprised. Given your age + 2 years licensed + M (right?) ... Thats too expensive for a cruiser, even if it's 1700cc. Could it be that particular cruiser for whatever reason ? Have you tried pricing something similar just to see if there's a difference ?
Oh I agree it's expensive no doubt. Before I got my bike I priced out several models and engine sizes. The middle cruisers were only $200 less then what I am paying for 1690cc's so why not. I am homing when I have completed 3 years experience something might happen. This seems lik a barrier for the insurers for some reason as a few of them have mentioned this number.

Anyhow I ended up going with TD with full coverage @ $1966 for the year. Was only $20 more (per month) for full coverage over what I was paying with Echelon. I have my home insurance with them so I saved about 10%. Funny enough they do all their renewals in February so I will only pay for 6 months at a lesser rate. Who know maybe in Feb I will get a better deal.

That's f*cked. That much?? I know a guy here 10 years younger than you, with less experience, with a supersport paying only $1800/yr. You must have tickets or accidents in your record.

That's f*cked. That much?? I know a guy here 10 years younger than you, with less experience, with a supersport paying only $1800/yr. You must have tickets or accidents in your record.
Nope fully clean record, no tickets, accidents, not even a parking ticket. Insurance is rigged. Once they know you will pay a higher amount I believe they just keep you there.

My DRZ went $1200, to $9xx, to $490. Three years in a row.
Age?
And your username would seemingly indicate that you're from the KW area, so your rates are always gonna be in the realm of "fantasy land" for the rest of us in the GTA (specifically Peel and Markham region)

Age?
And your username would seemingly indicate that you're from the KW area, so your rates are always gonna be in the realm of "fantasy land" for the rest of us in the GTA (specifically Peel and Markham region)

Mid 20's, and you are correct, didn't mean it for comparison just another happy tale of insurance dropping a lot.

Back
Top Bottom