My first accident.. somewhat. | GTAMotorcycle.com

My first accident.. somewhat.

sykobish

So I went to go hang out with some friends and parked my bike at the side of the road legally. Gave the car ahead of me PLENTY of space to get out. Anyway, long story short, the ***** backed into my bike and dropped it. The kick stand (my only one) bends both ways and there's a small scratch on the left fairing and left grip. It also seems lower in the front but that could be my paranoia. I had to ride it home (about 20 mins).

Anyone know how much a kick stand for a cbr250r is or if there may be any other damage? My first servicing is on the 22nd. I hope it's safe to ride till then...

Thanks in advance. :(

That sucks, was it a hit and run?

No, the woman actually waited while my friends came and got me. She couldn't really run away since all my friends were outside having a smoke when it happened. She gave me her card and everything. She's a broker and drives an Audi. She can definitely afford to pay for the damages. She said she would. I've been talking to some people and I really hope there's not too much damage that I don't know about, IE Bent forks. The bike was brand new, only a month old. I'm gonna be ****** if it's a write off...

EDIT: Just checked out the damages. From what I can tell it doesn't seem to be all that bad. (I hope)
- Cracked plastic on left side beside headlight.
- Deep scratch on left fairing and left grip.
- Kick stand bent forward.
- Both left signals scratched but not bad.
- Mirror scratched.

It looks like my left fairing, grip and peg took the weight from the fall. Mirror bent in so not much damage. Forks look okay. They look straight but I'm new so I'm not that great of a judge. Aside from the kick stand, it looks mostly to be cosmetic damage. My poor bike. Barely a month old. People really need to pay more attention!!

Last edited:
Take it do a Honda dealer and have them check it. Get a quote for all parts and labour to replace them then send that to the lady that backed into you. Do it quickly too, a lot of people are ignorant of how much damage you can do to a bike simply by knocking it over. Send her the quote, if she starts balking then go file a report at the collision reporting center and contact your insurance company with all the information you have and give them her contact info. (you did get her insurance info right?)

Make sure you have the quotes to put it back to the condition it was before the crash. If it was less than a month old I guess there weren't any scratches etc.

Take it do a Honda dealer and have them check it. Get a quote for all parts and labour to replace them then send that to the lady that backed into you. Do it quickly too, a lot of people are ignorant of how much damage you can do to a bike simply by knocking it over. Send her the quote, if she starts balking then go file a report at the collision reporting center and contact your insurance company with all the information you have and give them her contact info. (you did get her insurance info right?)
This. If she screws you around AT ALL just call your insurance company. In my experience a lot of people will say they will pay and then after you get quotes they try to weasel out of it. Your rates won't go up unless you've been making a lot of not at fault claims (which this would be).

Excellent advice!

Do it within 24 hours or you may get done with fail to report, if your gonna go the insurance route.

shiny new bike down! that sucks! have your dealership check it over... you'll be surprised how much needs to get replaced after a little tip over.

Thanks for all the replies and helpful information. I contacted her today and she said to give her the quote when I get it. She seems very sincere but we'll see. I know where she works (I called her today at her office) so I'm not too worried about her backing out. There were lots of witnesses that saw her hit it and say she would pay for the damages. It happened last night so I'm bringing it in to Markham Outdoor Power (hopefully I can get there by 5pm.. at least before 6pm!) and they're gonna look it over and let me know and even fax her a copy of the quote. I also may need a new clutch because I just realized it's bent all to **** as well. Guess I'll find out everything today. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

shiny new bike down! that sucks! have your dealership check it over... you'll be surprised how much needs to get replaced after a little tip over.

I know!! I'm so worried. :( Poor guy didn't do anything but look pretty. lol I hope there isn't some major damage that I can't see.

Good news, it's safe to ride until I can get in Tuesday. No major damage (engine, forks, etc). Mostly cosmetic. They fixed the stand. Basically the entire left side of my bike has to been done. Pegs, bars, clutch lever, etc. So that's not so bad. Cost: $2,612.96 including labour. :sad11: But hey, I can't complain. It could be worse.

hahaha Yeah, that's gonna be interesting. I'll call her tomorrow and find out. I was actually expecting it to be more. Maybe if she quickly pays me for it, I'll be nice and take her out for a coffee. Maybe...

hahaha Yeah, that's gonna be interesting. I'll call her tomorrow and find out. I was actually expecting it to be more. Maybe if she quickly pays me for it, I'll be nice and take her out for a coffee. Maybe...

is she hot?

$2600???? Holy cow. Isn't that more than half of what they cost new?

$2600???? Holy cow. Isn't that more than half of what they cost new?

Yeah, about that. Everything's finally going through insurance and thankfully I have no fault coverage so nothing on my end will increase. It's definitely a learning experience. First accident I've ever been in, in my entire life. It's funny how everyone has a different opinion as to what you should do. Make a claim, don't make a claim, call the cops, don't, etc, etc. Now I know what to do if it happens again.

Back
Top Bottom