My broker sent quote to the insurance company for underwriting...should I be worried? | GTAMotorcycle.com

My broker sent quote to the insurance company for underwriting...should I be worried?

giesen

Site Supporter
I haven't gone to Duffy or Riders Choice for quotes yet, as my current broker already deals with Jevco, but he said due to my driving experience (2 accidents about 4 1/2 years ago, and 2 tickets at once this past January), he had to send the quote to the insurance company to be underwritten.

I'm assuming this likely means it's going to be expensive? He said the other component was because I'm looking at a Kawasaki Ninja 400R (which is brand new).

If my broker already deals with Jevco, is there any point in getting a quote from Duffy? I'll get a quote from Riders Choice anyways, and State Farm has already told me they won't cover me (unless I wanna go on Facility - big $$$)

Thoughts? Advice?

One more thing... Since my Auto and Apartment Insurance policies are up for renewal in June, I thought I'd ask anyways if anyone offers multi-line discounts on motorcycle policies... I don't think they do, but if anyone knows different...

You have a very bad record, so the underwriting department will take care of the quoting. You are probably right about the 400R as well, since it might not appear in the rate manual yet. I would brace for a significant premium given your history.

I haven't gone to Duffy or Riders Choice for quotes yet, as my current broker already deals with Jevco, but he said due to my driving experience (2 accidents about 4 1/2 years ago, and 2 tickets at once this past January), he had to send the quote to the insurance company to be underwritten.

I'm assuming this likely means it's going to be expensive? He said the other component was because I'm looking at a Kawasaki Ninja 400R (which is brand new).

If my broker already deals with Jevco, is there any point in getting a quote from Duffy? I'll get a quote from Riders Choice anyways, and State Farm has already told me they won't cover me (unless I wanna go on Facility - big $$$)

Thoughts? Advice?

It doesn't sound like your broker specializes in motorcycle insurance. At the end of the day the Jevco premium comes from Jevco Insurance and the broker will not alter the rate. Having said that, you will probably be better off dealing with a Jevco broker that specializes in motorcycles. This will save you time and frustation when it comes to the application process and having your rate verified. This should take no longer than ten minutes. Confirmed and accurate. It will also be helpful being with an experienced broker if you should ever have a claim.

As Jevco is a specialty lines company that does not offer standard auto and homeowners polices; no multi line discounts would be applicable.

Needs to be underwritten since the 400r is not in thier system yet. They did the same thing for me.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

It doesn't sound like your broker specializes in motorcycle insurance. At the end of the day the Jevco premium comes from Jevco Insurance and the broker will not alter the rate. Having said that, you will probably be better off dealing with a Jevco broker that specializes in motorcycles. This will save you time and frustation when it comes to the application process and having your rate verified. This should take no longer than ten minutes. Confirmed and accurate. It will also be helpful being with an experienced broker if you should ever have a claim.

As Jevco is a specialty lines company that does not offer standard auto and homeowners polices; no multi line discounts would be applicable.

Just fired an email to info@johnduffyinsurance.com... Quote away!

Riders Plus quoted me $1839 for $1 million liability + collision & comprehensive w/$1000 deductible through their online quoting system, gonna follow up with a phone call to confirm it's accurate (I can live with that if it is).

We'll see what Duffy comes back with...

Btw I'm 29 and have been licensed to drive a car since I was 16 (and insured continuously since then) in case anyone was wondering...

Spoke with Ron at Riders Plus and came back with 1896 for $500 deductible on collision & comprehensive (said the cost difference between $500 & $1000 was so low it wasn't worth it). Still waiting on Duffy...

Spoke with Ron at Riders Plus and came back with 1896 for $500 deductible on collision & comprehensive (said the cost difference between $500 & $1000 was so low it wasn't worth it). Still waiting on Duffy...

Still waiting? I never received your email in the first place. You can receive a quote on our website instantly. A telephone quote will take about two minutes during office hours M-F 8:30am to 5:00. Call me and time me! Happy to help out.

My broker finally came back to me and quoted me $2,868, although he didn't tell me who the company was it's almost certainly Jevco. It's funny it took him 2 weeks to quote it but Duffy was able to give me a quote in about 120 seconds. I'll definitely be going with Riders Plus...

Back
Top Bottom