My 16 year old sons first try at riding a street bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

My 16 year old sons first try at riding a street bike

RonnieRev

He has lots of dirt bike experience,but has never ridden a street bike until last Saturday at TMP's drag strip.
A few laps around the pits to get the feel of a heavy bike and it was track time.
First few passes he took it easy and on his 5th pass he ran a 11.46 @ 127mph.

Way to go Blake !!!!!!

2lxts37.jpg

Big step up from a TT125

2ir4291.jpg

Congrats! But I would never get my son into motorcycle riding, I don't trust him and I wouldn't want to lose him.

Congrats! But I would never get my son into motorcycle riding, I don't trust him and I wouldn't want to lose him.
If he takes after his father, I wouldnt either. That's a horrible, hypocritical attitude. I look forward to having kids to teach to ride and get racing by the time they are 5.
I know lots of kids that are better riders than most of us on this board and they can't even get a license yet.

I'm surprised they let you do the drag strip with only normal pants and a textile jacket. Even in a straight line things can go wrong, and at those speeds it's never good.

But Congrats on the first ride! I got my M1 on my 16th birthday, did the M2 course 2 weeks later :p
Sparta also lets you with normal pants.

Holy crap Peggy, you never cease to amaze me with what you say. You better wrap that kid in bubble wrap and never let him out of your sight. Just remember though one day he WILL be out in the world for the rest of society to deal with.

The point of being a good parent is raising a productive member of society, not sheltering them and making more babies that won't know how to take care of themselves.

I think we can all agree - someone gotta sign Peggie and make reality TV show, it's gonna be a hit.

Congrats Ronnie.

It's nice to see you sharing your passion for the sport with your children and being involved. I have 2 boys, 18, and 16. The older one has no interest in riding at all but the 16 year old would like to. My favorite aspect of motorcycles is sport touring and I dream of one day being able to head out on the road with my son(s) for a week long blast through the twisties. The biggest obstacle preventing this from happening is the vehement hatred and fear of motorcycles that their mother (who I've been divorced from for 12 years) has. To be honest, I would be a bit nervous of my kids riding but being out with them and keeping a watchful eye over them while they're gaining experience would help alleviate any apprehension. We're a hockey family and I've been heavily involved in coaching my boys in that sport so I would love to share riding with them as well.

Congratulations, Bet he had a ball!

My Kids started young taking the Hands on ATV Classes and Dirt Bike School, then at 16 they took the MSF Classes and have ridden and even taken advanced riding classes. I trust them and they are responsible. Can they still get hurt? Yes, but so can we all.

If you don't trust your son, blame the person that raised him....

BTW Nice pass. Good job teaching your son the right place to rip off a pass like that.

Last edited:
I'm surprised they let you do the drag strip with only normal pants and a textile jacket. Even in a straight line things can go wrong, and at those speeds it's never good.

My understanding is you dont need leathers until you run faster then 10 flat. Because nothing bad can happen at 140 mph, but 150...Look out!

Back
Top Bottom