Mustang seats | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mustang seats

ALD

I am possibly thinking of getting a mustang driver & passenger seat for my vstar 1100 as a summer trip is being planned with my daughter which may consist of close to 2000km.
Could I please get some feedback from people who have experience with mustang seats in respect to comfort.

Thank you

I'm a big fan of wooden beads. There's a reason cabbies the world over use them.
(very budget friendly too)

i literally just sold a mustang seat from my ducati. it was fine but i'm one of those rare riders that don't mind stock seats. the previous owner of the seat used it for some small touring and kept you planted more comfortably.

my only gripe with it is that it featured stitching and wasn't waterproof. but i guess that depends on which bike/mustang seat you're looking at. dont know anything about the vstar version.

I had a Mustang seat on my Honda Shadow 750. Put 70K km on it. Previous owner put 30K on it. Never got tired on sitting on it.

I put a Mustang seat on my Road Star. It makes a big difference especially for a passenger. My stock passenger seat had them complaining after an hour but the Mustang passenger seat is firmer and wider and way more comfortable. Oddly enough the rider seat is narrower than the stock one but is firmer and definitely more comfortable on longer trips. Highly recommend.

@PrivatePilot has tried a bunch of seats and IIRC, mustang was among them. I could be wrong.

Mustang is actually one of the few models I haven't tried as I've always found myself partial to Ultimate Seats. The one I had on my old VTX was so incredibly comfortable it felt like I was riding on a true custom like a Russel Day Long or something. Unfortunately I have not had the same results on my Vulcan. It's OK, but it still doesn't feel quite right. I've been using a Wild Ass (like an Airhawk but higher quality, like Airhawk *used* to be built before they went cheap) and it gets the job done for the long rides.

I tried a Corbin on my Vulcan as well and it was like sitting on a 2x8 while riding. I know the old Corbin mantra is "keep riding, it's a good seat, you'll get used to it and you'll love it", but yeah, I rode over 1000km on it and it just wasn't working.

If I came across a mustang for my bike, I'd try it.

I am possibly thinking of getting a mustang driver & passenger seat for my vstar 1100 as a summer trip is being planned with my daughter which may consist of close to 2000km.
Could I please get some feedback from people who have experience with mustang seats in respect to comfort.

Thank you
could not ride more than a hour without being paralyzed, put a mustang on and can ride for hours. this is on a vulcan 1500 wife is happy on the mustang on the back also, mind you they do have a break in time not long though

I bought a Mustang solo seat for my bike, and I didn't like it. There was no lower back support, usually there is a bit of a wedge at the back so you know where to plant yourself, add that it was a bit higher then stock and it just didn't work for me.

But I'm a noob at all this so lesson learned.

My ride time improved a lot after getting Ultimate seat for my Vulcan 900.

This FB listing has it for 500. Potentially you could snag it for lower if you are interested, OP

Edit: Not my listing, just came across it!

Back
Top Bottom