Multimedia sub-forum for youtubing members? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Multimedia sub-forum for youtubing members?

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
We are starting to collect more and more members posting lots of their own youtube videos. It is good that they are producing local content and I wish them the best, but it is blurring the line between advertising and being a general member. Maybe a solution would be to create a multimedia sub-forum for them? People that want to ignore can easily do it and those that are interested can quickly find them.

People who wish to ignore... Already can. WTF is wrong with people, Jesus. Harden the **** up and quite crying about everything.

At the end of the day this is a discussion board, and if someone makes a post that has their video content in it BUT can reasonably kick off a discussion AND contains more than just the video, I think that is fair game.

If it is a post that either only promotes their channel, or has their video and nothing else than I have a problem with that. The former could find a home in the kind of subforum GG is talking about, and the latter probably shouldn't be allowed at all.

It's not my board and I don't actually make the rules, however I think whatever is or has been decided could use a formal public policy as an amendment to the posted rules.

I don't think anyone wants GTAM overrun with "Hey dudes come checkout my kool riding vlog!" wannabe YouTube stars who just make countless video posts whilst contributing absolutely nothing else to the forum.

It's already happened a few times here where the active topics list just got obliterated by this exact scenario.

No thanks.

Contribute, participate...and then use the existing multimedia forum occasionally, sure.

At the end of the day this is a discussion board, and if someone makes a post that has their video content in it BUT can reasonably kick off a discussion AND contains more than just the video, I think that is fair game.

If it is a post that either only promotes their channel, or has their video and nothing else than I have a problem with that. The former could find a home in the kind of subforum GG is talking about, and the latter probably shouldn't be allowed at all.

It's not my board and I don't actually make the rules, however I think whatever is or has been decided could use a formal public policy as an amendment to the posted rules.

What you're describing is more or less how I see it as well.

If someone shows up who is doing nothing but promoting their own youtube channel then I will consider them to be a spammer and they will be treated as such.

References to relevant videos contained within their youtube channel as part of conversations, or even as post #1 to initiate conversation, are fine.

A fair indicator is that the percentage of their posts that reference such videos has to be "something reasonable" which is hard to define, but is certainly WELL below 100%.

edit: As per the paragraph on advertising, a simple reference to their youtube channel as a link in a standard non-edited font in their signature is fine.

Back
Top Bottom