MTO survey is up for 400 series increased speed limits | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MTO survey is up for 400 series increased speed limits

The study was already done years ago!
How many men does it take to lower the speed limit ? 2 to hold the signs, 1 to work the wrench and 1 to oversee the other 3 guys did it right.

401-reduced-speed-1976.jpg

I'm game with increasing the limits for sure, just as long as I can still do 100km/h or so in the right most lane while towing my trailer. I would hope they would do what some states do (and has been already said here), by having a minimum and maximum. But as always, enforcement of slow traffic keep right would be the most beneficial thing they could possibly do.

The speed limit is supposed to be a maximum, although with it having been too low for decades, it's treated as a minimum ...

No one should give you trouble for doing 105 (commercial-truck speed limiter setting) in the right lane. I do that with my van to save fuel (consumption goes up fast beyond that) and will continue to do so.

In Europe, large trucks and buses are generally limited to 100 km/h, and when there are multiple travel lanes, they have to stay right. For them, this overrules the posted speed limit when it is higher than that.

Montana and some of the northern states have 80-85mph limits too
Yes like Pennsylvania has higher speeds, but having interstates in the middle of nowhere you can cruise at higher speeds no problem and makes perfect sense. There is very little like that around here. Everything is jammed up next to the highway with exits at almost every 2k.

Back
Top Bottom