Mrs. Lightcycle's New Ride | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mrs. Lightcycle's New Ride

Congrats on the new ride. But it sure is interesting looking. Has a robotic look about it, is it a transformer?

1K service done, actually over 1.5K now.

IMG_20230516_132049-X2.jpg

Fat Cat delete

IMG_20230512_171936-X2.jpg

Mid-pipe replacement. Weight savings around 3.5 lbs! MV bracket... cool!

Considerably less heat from the mid-pipe compared to the cat, should save the rear shock from a premature cooking. Another benefit is a throatier growl from the exhaust.
Are you thinking about adding a power commander at all? Who makes that cat delete pipe.

How did Neda like her F650GS?

I have the F700GS. 90% the same bike but the newer one got dual disk front brakes, electronic suspension adjustment, a couple aesthetic tweaks, and most importantly: no more stupid turn signal controls lol

Congrats on the new baby!

Thanks!

I rode an F700GS in Africa. That was the last model before Euro emissions made everything a lot heavier. The F750GS now weighs almost 500 lbs. That's crazy. The original F650GS twin was 440 lbs wet. Neda really liked it. It was a light, nimble bike with ok power and because of that, it was not a handful in the dirt. The 700GS was even better. The new 750 and 850s are a step backwards, IMO.

Are you thinking about adding a power commander at all? Who makes that cat delete pipe.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I want to say SC Project? Dealer had a whole bunch of them in stock, they are the most popular mod, mainly for saving the rear shock.

No PC, but thinking about something similar for the future. Would probably only do it after replacing the stock muffler + intakes. I've heard of a company called RapidBike that also offers a piggyback tuning solution, have to do more research.

Back
Top Bottom