Motorcycles are not vulnerable? WARD 30 Toronto action call | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycles are not vulnerable? WARD 30 Toronto action call

What exactly are you trying to have included? Do you have specific things you'll be discussing?

What exactly are you trying to have included? Do you have specific things you'll be discussing?

Exactly, more details needed. I have no desire, for example, to support something that includes lane splitting or other questionable things under the guise of "safety".

Wasn't there already a thread on this here? This sounds like part of the same Zero Accident plan which in theory would ground all motorcycles, since you can't completely prevent people from getting injured on one (unless they plan to make motorcycle-only road ways lol)

Makes sense for pedestrians and cyclists, who should have their own paths/lanes away from cars...but doesn't really make sense for us.

I also see this on a quick Google search:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...hes-law-to-protect-vulnerable-road-users.html

Erica Stark's grieving husband will join other survivors and a coalition of advocacy groups at a downtown press conference calling on the Ontario government to levy harsher penalties on drivers who injure or kill pedestrians and cyclists.

This part I could get behind. Arguably though there should be harsher penalties across the board, but given the dangers of an accident involving a motorcycle, I guess we could definitely be considered 'vulnerable' when on the road with drivers today.

This is all asinine.
They say bicycles have to abide by the rules of the road...the laws, the same rules drivers have to abide by.
BUT
drivers pass a written test and a cyclists jumps on a bike and starts peddling down the same road
uhm, what basic test did the cyclists pass to KNOW the rules of the road YET there they are peddling right next to you.
When a cyclists hits you...then what, oh sorry...your car is damaged
When cyclists hits you and gets hurt....they go after your insurance company.

If you are on the road then you need to prove it by passing a basic written test.

carry on

This is all asinine.
They say bicycles have to abide by the rules of the road...the laws, the same rules drivers have to abide by.
BUT
drivers pass a written test and a cyclists jumps on a bike and starts peddling down the same road
uhm, what basic test did the cyclists pass to KNOW the rules of the road YET there they are peddling right next to you.

If you are on the road then you need to prove it by passing a basic written test.

carry on

True story a cyclist hit my rear passenger wheel and dent my rear passenger quarter panel while run a red light (i was entering the intersection, he was on crosswalk , so he t boned me)

Guess what? Insurance dings me at fault by their rules. Even cops gave the cyclist a ticket.

I later found out the piece of **** hired a lawyer to go after my insurance.

Lesson learned, i should have never called the cops and fcking beat his ***.

A quick review of the Road Safety Plan recommendations shows a focus on reducing already arbitrarily slow speed limits, so I guess its more about propaganda and revenue. Do you really think this will make things safer or better for riders, even if we do get named as a vulnerable group?

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.PW14.1

No amount of legislation will help cyclists if they continue to ignore stop signs, traffic lights and engage in other foolishness. I really must get a helmet cam going to document the circus. Today's turkey nearly collided with a mother/daughter at a flashing crosswalk. Super clear sightlines, perfect weather.

This is all asinine.
BUT

carry on

They will bring regulation upon them selves in due time, don't you worry; squeaky wheel gets the lube up.

They will bring regulation upon them selves in due time, don't you worry; squeaky wheel gets the lube up.

doubt it, they run downtown politics
they spend millions of $$$ on bike lanes that made no sense just because...and then they pulled them up
do you ever see any of them get a ticket for no lights?

Back
Top Bottom