Motorcyclecourse.com Review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclecourse.com Review

B_dawg

I'm a newb and I took the motorcyclecourse.com M2 license course in Kingston. RTI doesn't service my area. :(

I had a poor experience with motorcyclecourse.com. I was put on a bike that was too small, so I had trouble shifting and my quads were sore from having my knees in my chest. I had chosen a bigger bike, but they recommened a smaller bike so it would be easier to push. I didn't think I was struggling, but I figured the instructor knows best. Maybe not...I was stuck on Kawaski 140 dirtbike.

I didn't pass the test. So maybe its sour grapes, but I'm not happy with my experience.
Experienced riders have informed me that learning on a dirtbike is awkward and that a 140 was far too small for me (I'm 5"6'). And motorcyclecourse.com charges $50 for a re-test. Most courses in the GTA don't charge, so know my sour grapes have become entirely vinegar.

I also heard that other courses give you time to practice without instruction. We weren't given that option. I was surprised we went right into testing without any practice time.

Word to the wise: Avoid motorcyclecourse.com or ask an experienced rider to assess the course in your area.

Sorry to hear that man, I took my course a couple weeks ago and I have nothing bad to say about it, except perhaps the bikes were a bit small, but I'm 6'5" so I'm use to cramping on a bike.

It sucks but don't let one bad experience hinder from riding if you wanna ride, get the m2 and teach yourself slowly and progressively!

A 140 to small for 5'6? I am 5'9 (not tall by any means) and weigh 220. I did my course on a 125 yamaha. No problems whatsoever. Sounds to me like someone is just mad they didnt pass. Get back out there, practice and you'll be good to go.

im doing this weekend with RTI north york.. ppl told me cbr125's are small if you're over 5'6" but i felt fine. my boots are little big for my feet so that kinda sucked but other than that, it was alright. doing test tmrw....

Sorry you had a bad experience. Definately the size of the bike can affect your preformance. I am 6ft, the first riding day in the RTI course I was on the CBR 125 and boy was that cramped when I was turning the handle bar was hitting my knee. I switched over to the Yamaha TW 200 and that was fine.

Being on the appropriate bike for your stature makes a big difference. Next time be sure to voice your concern with the instructor if you feel uncomfortable (especially if you were getting sore or had trouble shifting).

There's no shame in failing the course (better you make mistakes now than on the road). Just try again and good luck!

ya man... the CBR i was using at RTI was piece of s*** when it comes to gear shifting....one time when we were suppose to be in 2nd gear, the bike wouldn't shift up at all....told it to instructor.
although i figured out how to work around it, it was still good thing i voiced the problem.
good luck!!

ya man... the CBR i was using at RTI was piece of s*** when it comes to gear shifting....one time when we were suppose to be in 2nd gear, the bike wouldn't shift up at all....told it to instructor.
although i figured out how to work around it, it was still good thing i voiced the problem.
good luck!!

A lot of those bikes have really been abused by the students, shifting with out using the clutch, 1/2 shifts, you get the idea...

A lot of those bikes have really been abused by the students, shifting with out using the clutch, 1/2 shifts, you get the idea...

Agreed.... I keep getting asked by students if they sell the bikes after.... as much as I love those little things, those are the most beaten bikes out there. I had a bike from a school that I used when I was young as a dirtbike. It would die if I shifted down....

I am 5'6 and was on a kawasaki 125 dirt bike. However the weekend I did my course I had an absolute blast. You can control what kind of experience you have. To be honest I think you are just being a big baby if you are blaming your failure, or your lack of enjoyment of the course on having a 140cc bike isntead of a "bigger" bike. The smaller the bike the easier it is to control. The entire course takes place in a parking lot. It's not like you need a big engine to get around a parking lot.

In the future try to be more accepting of new experiences even if they aren't going how you expect it to go. My GF did her motorcycle course this past summer and also said she had a blast.

Yeah, I agree with some of the other posters that it sounds like your a little bitter about not passing.

I just did my course with RTI this weekend. I ride a cruiser, but I spent the majority of the weekend on the sport bikes because, to be honest, I can ride a cruiser whenever I want and don't get to ride sport bikes all that often. I did my test in a CBR125 and passed with flying colours, and I'm 6'0" and 300lbs.

It's more often the rider than it is the bike. It sounds like you placed more of the blame on the bike instead of yourself, and took away any chances you had of improving because you didn't see the problem as being in your control.

It is pretty junk that you couldn't practice before the test though, I will agree with you there.

Why do you need to practice before the test. Practicing is what you have been doing all weekend long.

I did the same course two years ago with the same outfit and they were excellent. I was riding some small dirtbike thing and I had a hoot.....even won the "slow" race where you try to go as slow as you can as I was the only one that stood on the pegs dirtbike style.

Sorry matey..it's definitely not the bike's fault.

I am in agreement. Its what you make out of it. If I were you I would have noted what you didnt like about the bike (for knowledge when you go out to buy your own) but made the best out of it. I am a teacher with learning curves but am a graduate of motorcyclecourse.com. I loved them. Great teachers very thorough etc.

All the schools are good. Just different teaching tactics and locations and number of retests really. I know we offer streetproofing free for grads also.... comes down to little things like that.

I like the M2 exit .. get to use your own bike.
I think we used similar bikes with RTI they were Yamaha dirt bikes,one Hyosung sport 250 and few small cruiser types .. have to get used to them though. I remember everyone was switching around so it was hard to get one bike for the whole day. Don't know about this institute but RTI was the best experience I had, thats why I returned to them for my M2 exit and traveled far off to do it.. certainly worth the time.

Back
Top Bottom