Motorcycle Track Pants | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Track Pants

justride

Looking at Alpinestars and Dainese track pants. Anyone have experience with either brand? Having a hell of a time figuring out true sizing and comfort from online reviews. thanks!

With this stuff you HAVE to try it on, Make the effort to try on all brands, at various retailers, then when you know your size for each brand (yes each brand will fit different body types differently) then maybe shop for the deals online when youre confident you know what youre buying.

With this stuff you HAVE to try it on, Make the effort to try on all brands, at various retailers, then when you know your size for each brand (yes each brand will fit different body types differently) then maybe shop for the deals online when youre confident you know what youre buying.
Or just buy it while you're there ? Going somewhere, trying on a bunch of stuff, wasting someone's time and then buying on line is very bad form.

True

personally Ive given GP bikes more money in oil, filters, plugs, OEM bolts and grommets than leather pants cost, so sometimes I try on their sh*t while Im there picking up an over priced bolt that took all summer to arrive. Now I know the new Dainese jacket I like is a size 42, I'll wait till its on sale somewhere else, cause you know Dainese never goes on sale at GP unless you're a triple extra large. Or.........Maybe I don't mind buying a used jacket on Kijiji but wanted to know my size.

But yes, you're correct, its not good form to waste a sales persons time in that manner

Last edited:
Check pm

What do you already own for a jacket? The pants generally zip into their mates....not other brands. I personally own some leather dainese pants that I cannot say enough about. If you already own A* then get those. You cannot go wrong.

As for fit.....look at the fit chart....add 20 to your waist size....size 36 is 56 etc.

Or just buy it while you're there ? Going somewhere, trying on a bunch of stuff, wasting someone's time and then buying on line is very bad form.
Exactly....just walk into GP and tell them what you are looking for.....generally they will match online prices. And it never hurts to ask. THen the next time you need to try on something they'll actually have it.

I don't have Astar or Dainese jacket so. Whichever pants fit the best, I can match the jacket up next. Dainese pants I have is the New Drake Textile pants (size 50 EU) and they fit perfect.

Last edited:
After doing some online research. some of the Dainese track pants are designed to go together with their in-boots ( pants go over the boots)
The Dainese pants have shin guards (might be removable ?) so it might be too bulking to go over Sidi, Astar (boots inside the pants ), etc.
I have Sidi Mag 1 boots.

I used mine (on the street)
With Sidi boots and worked well. Pants inside boots
Siri vertigo boots

By "track pants" ... I am assuming that you mean leathers that will (eventually) be suitable for use on the racetrack!

And if that is the case ... all such leathers are designed to be inside and have the boots go over them (the bottom of the leathers goes inside the boots) because you cannot risk having the loose bottom of the leathers get tangled up in something, like the gear shift lever or brake lever or some such thing. All boots suitable for use on the racetrack are designed for this, too, including the ones that you already have.

It would be advisable to buy two-piece leathers as a set, to ensure that they actually mate up. If you are using two-piece leathers on the racetrack, they must be zipped together all the way around.

Go to Riders Choice or GP Bikes and do some test fitting.

If you already have drake new air pants....(i love my pair). then you get the dainese track leather pants....your can zip both pants into your jacket then. It is a no brainer. My drakes and my leather pants both zip securely into the jacket...you'll love it. And GP has 15% off dainese right now.

I have a one-piece suit (not Astar or Dainese) but don't want to wear it when practicing around the parking lot I bought on but want a leather track pants with pucks
btw. the New Drake by Dainese is not leather

GP Bikes has a sale on all Dainese items 15% off till Feb 7th. (I got the email today)

By "track pants" ... I am assuming that you mean leathers that will (eventually) be suitable for use on the racetrack!

And if that is the case ... all such leathers are designed to be inside and have the boots go over them (the bottom of the leathers goes inside the boots) because you cannot risk having the loose bottom of the leathers get tangled up in something, like the gear shift lever or brake lever or some such thing. All boots suitable for use on the racetrack are designed for this, too, including the ones that you already have.

It would be advisable to buy two-piece leathers as a set, to ensure that they actually mate up. If you are using two-piece leathers on the racetrack, they must be zipped together all the way around.

Go to Riders Choice or GP Bikes and do some test fitting.

So the Dainese Torque-In boots designed to be worn under your leathers is not track legal? I never liked the design myself, but Dainese marketing had me thinking this was the new fad.

Looking at Alpinestars and Dainese track pants. Anyone have experience with either brand? Having a hell of a time figuring out true sizing and comfort from online reviews. thanks!

Really depends on your proportions. I'm 5'5, 150 lbs (with a gut) and 28 inch inseam and Dainese fits me best (suit size 50 for a slightly relaxed fit, 48 for skin tight), almost no need to go custom. Alpinestars is very similar as well. But you really should try them on, as well as other brands, to see what you prefer.

Exactly....just walk into GP and tell them what you are looking for.....generally they will match online prices. And it never hurts to ask. THen the next time you need to try on something they'll actually have it.
They're also good at ordering in a size for you if they don't have it in stock with no obligation if it doesn't fit well.

Back
Top Bottom