Motorcycle Tire Recommendations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Tire Recommendations

m9hrdad

Site Supporter
What's good people! Hope y'all doing well and staying safe.

I'm in the market for a set of motorcycle tires. I don't take the bike to a track, but I do ride around the city and go north every so often. I try not to ride in the rain, however, there have been times I've been caught in it.

I'm trying not to overthink this as I believe most road tires these days are decent. I was looking into the Metzeler M7 RR and M9 RR but I'm open to suggestions. Planning to purchase the tires on Fortnine unless someone has a better alternative.

I'm on a GSXR 1000

Thanks in advance!

I love my Pirelli diablo Rosso Corsa's

What's good people! Hope y'all doing well and staying safe.

I'm in the market for a set of motorcycle tires. I don't take the bike to a track, but I do ride around the city and go north every so often. I try not to ride in the rain, however, there have been times I've been caught in it.

I'm trying not to overthink this as I believe most road tires these days are decent. I was looking into the Metzeler M7 RR and M9 RR but I'm open to suggestions. Planning to purchase the tires on Fortnine unless someone has a better alternative.

I'm on a GSXR 1000

Thanks in advance!
I was just about to pull the trigger on the M7 RR but went Power RS. If you go with the m7 or m9 post your thoughts

M7/9RR are sport/hypersport tires, expect to get 6000ish km from them

Modern sport touring tires from any major manufacturer are phenomenal and do everything well, good in the dry, good in the rain, good in the cold, lots of mileage. They last a lot longer than hypersport tires ( I've heard of michellins and dunlops going for 15k+) (Pilot roads, Roadtecs, roadsmarts etc)

In 2020 we're spoiled and the limiting factor isnt the hardware(motorcycles, or tires) but the riders.

Best 4.00x18 knobby is Michelin X Lite (not road legal in USA or Canada)
they are not really round they are kind of mooshie.
They look flat all the time :cool:

M7/9RR are sport/hypersport tires, expect to get 6000ish km from them

Modern sport touring tires from any major manufacturer are phenomenal and do everything well, good in the dry, good in the rain, good in the cold, lots of mileage. They last a lot longer than hypersport tires ( I've heard of michellins and dunlops going for 15k+) (Pilot roads, Roadtecs, roadsmarts etc)

In 2020 we're spoiled and the limiting factor isnt the hardware(motorcycles, or tires) but the riders.
Nice, I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned. Do you know if the Pirelli Angel GT's are any good? or the new GT II's?

Nice, I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned. Do you know if the Pirelli Angel GT's are any good? or the new GT II's?

Yes

My FZ6R had Angel STs on them, got PR4s once they were shot and I preferred the PR4s over the Angels 10000%...much better grip in all weather conditions...just my two cents worth...?

Surprised you didn’t like the Angel ST’s....
I had them on my KTM, and they grip very well overall, dry and wet. Never had them slip out on me even with spirited runs of the tail of the Dragon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For sport touring tires,

Dunlop roadsmart 3 are nice.

The photo is the gap. I'm running pirelli angel st. Held up pretty good. Lots of grip, but at a real sporting pace, they started to cook. Blue and ball up pretty good. No roads like that here, so they held up well for Ontario roads.
Even rode them at Mosport rdt. That was a mistake. They were cooked. Dragging knee on cooked ST tires was a little too much for them. Eventually lowsided me... lightly.

I'm currently running the Pirelli rosso 3s. You can't really go wrong with a dual compound ST tire.
8a59a256a39792893f70e40310815ad8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

The photo is the gap. I'm running pirelli angel st. Held up pretty good. Lots of grip, but at a real sporting pace, they started to cook. Blue and ball up pretty good. No roads like that here, so they held up well for Ontario roads.

I'm currently running the Pirelli rosso 3s. You can't really go wrong with a dual compound ST tire.

Roadsmart 3 is a great tire. I've ran a couple of their rears, but paired with the Q3+ front...
Pirelli Angel ST rear and Rosso III front is what I have now. That combo is good for 12 minute runs of the dragon (overlook to Killboy's without WOT on the straights) without any issues.
Didn't have the Angel ST ball up or anything like that though.

I had a set of Pirelli Angel's on my Bandit and LOVED them. I got excellent cornering feedback and confidence from them and they got very good mileage.

For sport touring tires,

Even rode them at Mosport rdt. That was a mistake. They were cooked. Dragging knee on cooked ST tires was a little too much for them. Eventually lowsided me... lightly.

8a59a256a39792893f70e40310815ad8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Any tires that are dual compound fronts or are they still all dual compound rear and single front?

New, round, black - in a pair the right size for your bike.
New anything is better than old anything.
Now can we get back to talking about oil please ?

bridgestones seem to be well priced
I've been using Bridgestone sport touring tires on my sport bike and like them. Not quite as long lasting as the Michelin PR4 I had, but considering they're like 60% the cost I think they're better value (at least if you change them yourself). Had a Bridgestone BT023 which lasted over 15,000 kms on the rear and the front is still going strong after several seasons. Replaced the rear with a T30 EVO which feels good and has been wearing reasonably after several thousand kms. Also had a Continental Contimotion on the rear and it wore out much faster than the Bridgestones.

I definitely recommend a sport touring tire rather than a regular sport tire unless you will be going on the track.

i have bridgstone T30 evo's on my FZ1 and love them..they replace the garbage Michelin's. transformed the bike 100% better...the new version is the T31, add the $60 rebate and you can't beat them....the T30 evo is a great tire and about 60 bucks a set less than the T31. I would have to flip a coin if to pick one if i needed replacements.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom