Motorcycle Supershow Reviews 2024 Edition | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Supershow Reviews 2024 Edition

I can only say that i was really disappointed with the show. There were a lot of empty areas there showing that quite a few vendors didn't come. I guess for me being in the sport bike category vendors like GP bikes, Royal Distributing, Pro 6 cycle and some of the sport bike dealers not being there made it not worth it for me. There were very few custom bikes there also. This was always a good show before Covid. The manufacturers show in February is good too if you want to see a lot of the manufacturers models. I will definitely check out if they will all be there tho before i go. The spring show is mostly a flea market so I've never made it a point to go to it. Still had a fun day out with my riding buddies so it wasn't a total waste.

I can only say that i was really disappointed with the show. There were a lot of empty areas there showing that quite a few vendors didn't come. I guess for me being in the sport bike category vendors like GP bikes, Royal Distributing, Pro 6 cycle and some of the sport bike dealers not being there made it not worth it for me. There were very few custom bikes there also. This was always a good show before Covid. The manufacturers show in February is good too if you want to see a lot of the manufacturers models. I will definitely check out if they will all be there tho before i go. The spring show is mostly a flea market so I've never made it a point to go to it. Still had a fun day out with my riding buddies so it wasn't a total waste.

My reaction was initially, wow, there were a lot of things to see, but as I progress thru the halls, it was kinda disappoint for me as well to see so little new bikes represented. I guess I was expecting more like the autoshow, where dealer show case the brand new 2023 stuff. I was actually hoping to see some new Kawasakis, Honda, Suzukis there.. but I only saw Vos there... so only Yamaha and Aprilia, Trimph and Vespa was at their booth.

Otherwise, some good deals with gear and apparel... altho there are not a lot of people helping customers.. I stood at the Rider's Choice booth hoping to pick up a Shoei X-14.. but after waiting AND waving for help for like 10mins... I left...

If these are the MMIC led/sponsored shows how does a manufacturer get away with not being there?

Ducati, Kawasaki and BMW are being pretty short sighted ad aren't really pulling their weight as part of the collective that is a trade association with a membership of only a few companies.

If these are the MMIC led/sponsored shows how does a manufacturer get away with not being there?

Ducati, Kawasaki and BMW are being pretty short sighted ad aren't really pulling their weight as part of the collective that is a trade association with a membership of only a few companies.
Obviously they see no value in it anymore. Mmic screwed up the show in the first place by separating from the supershow.

Sent from the future

what year did they split? As far as I can remember it was always 2 shows.
Not sure what year the split was but there used to be two shows The super show which had the new bikes and the stuff that's still there and then there was a flea market show later in the spring. Then MMIC decided to make a mess of it and have a new bike show downtown. Leaving to the three crappy shows we have now

Sent from the future

what year did they split? As far as I can remember it was always 2 shows.

I used to go to the show with my dad when it was down at the Queen Elizabeth building at The Ex grounds back in the late 70s/early 80s.
Not sure when Bar started the "big show by the airport" or when the MMIC split off.

Politics of bikers? Why did the show split up? I started skipping the Airport show some time ago even after going to every local one for too many years to admit. Then got back into them when my son started riding and wanted to see the sparkly stuff. Went to the last one before this and was reminded why it was a waste of time/money. It just feels like paying to go to a flea market, and too much at that. I got better deals at the dealerships I support than what was on sale at the show.

And if you take the price of admission off the cost of buying something you might actually need...

Back
Top Bottom