Motorcycle Supershow Reviews 2024 Edition | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Supershow Reviews 2024 Edition

Max527

If anyone goes Friday, can they post how good it is?
Shop selection and displays? If I recall last year, same location, it was pretty terrible with lots of 3rd party sellers with hardly any motorcycle related displays or sellers.
On the other hand, the one downtown at the Enercare center last year was fantastic in comparison. I assume the one on Feb 21 to Feb 23 will be equally great.

Thanks in advance!

Update: Lots to see, lots to do! Very nice Motorcycle show!
Highly recommended.

Last edited:
What are your expectations?

The January show is for renewing roadracing licenses, club memberships, and seeing familiar faces that I don't normally see in the off-season ... and there are a lot. Maybe for getting new boots and leathers. Maybe look into whether it's time to get one of the newfangled airbag-equipped roadracing suits. For others, it might be for looking at used bikes or custom bikes or accessories or whatever goes along with that.

It's not for looking at new bikes. That's the February show.

There are two motorcycle shows at the international center. The January one is the better of the two by far. You will get the dealerships, vendors and retailers in attendance. I do all my motorcycle gear purchases at the Janurary show because GP Bikes had 20% off on almost all brands and including special orders. The Feb show at the Enercare center is much more about the motorcycles than the gear because you get the actual manufacturers in attendance. The March/April show is one I would pass on unless it has improved a lot.

Here is a coupon for those that did not win the free tickets and want to attend.

You need to have a physical printed copy as phone version will not be accepted.

1578010168886.png

The show is more for a day out to say Hi to vendors/friends/sponsors/etc and fill the day in the off season. Maybe grab some oil/tires/parts as mentioned. Sometime's Pete is there which saves the shipping on new rubber, but If you are going there for 'deals', there are seldom any beyond than the standard retail environment (for A tier vendors). e.g. GP bikes et. al. may advertise X% off, but if you go to their location/online at any other time in the season, the pricing is largely the same if we are honest. Sometimes you luck out on a find that is genuinely worthwhile, but IMO that's the exception rather than the norm.

The collection of everyone under one roof with a common interest is a nice feeling and does make searching easier. The show itself doesn't change much year to year. I wish they would do away with the flea market/smoked meat garbage personally, but everyone has their own ideas I guess.

I can't make it to the show but 2 of the race bikes are at the Kawasaki Canada booth.

One thing that stood out, the demographic. Maybe it's because it's Friday night an the cool kids are out at parties but pretty much 80% over forty. (myself included)

Now if only I can sneak that used 1098 Streetfighter in the back door that I saw without the wife seeing............

I think thats pretty standard

The stunt show was pretty cool. Was MX freestyle jumps.
Picked up a few freebies.
Said hi to some people.
Bought some bike raffle tix.
Also met and hung out with @oioioi
(Was a pleasure)
All in all, good Friday night.
And thanks for the tix Paul!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Standard fare year after year.

Was nice to see BWM have a display this year showing off factory bikes,,, the new s1000rr is a BEAST...

Some great deals on A* leather jackets from the 613 moto booth.

Some good tire deals from Pro6.

The Harley Livewire demo was very cool.
Nice to see the technology and the engineering, and see the bike actually "running".

My buddy got a super good deal on some new tires from the VOS moto guys.

I bought a Pitbull hanger to hang my leathers on.

Was kinda disappointed that the helmet I wanted from GP Bikes (RPHA 11 pro) is actually cheaper to buy from them online using their discount coupon than the show "sale" pricing...

Good to get out and see some bikes and gear, and catch up with some familiar faces during the bleak winter months.

The stunt show was pretty cool. Was MX freestyle jumps.
Picked up a few freebies.
Said hi to some people.
Bought some bike raffle tix.
Also met and hung out with @oioioi
(Was a pleasure)
All in all, good Friday night.
And thanks for the tix Paul!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It was very nice to meet you Joe,

It was a a decent night out.
Got to hang out with my 6 year old son. He tried probably tired on more bikes than I did.
I got good info on day camps/courses for the little guy to get his feet wet with dirt bikes.

To his disappointment, we could not find a MX helmet for him as no one really had any and those that did only had 1-2 to choose from in the wrong size.

I actually tried on a few different jacket. Turns out that the one I was eyeing at GP bikes does not fit well. (I'm in between sizes)
Wanted to pick up a pair of gloves but I found that it was hard to do that as they were all messed up. Finding your size in the style you wanted wasn't the easiest thing.

I did order a visor for my helmet as GP Bikes had 25% off all in stock items and 20% on special orders.

I as not expecting it to be as busy on a Friday.
It was a good day regardless. Will probably do it again.

Went yesterday, the stunt show was pretty cool but short. My 8 year old son had never seen it before and he was pumped. Afterwards we went to look at the new bikes and he kept gravitating towards the dirt bikes and adv bikes, he was blown away by some massive Mad Max looking BMW that was there. Pretty sure I know which 2 wheeled path he'll be taking lol. Best part of the show was watching him soak it all in, it was a great father/son bonding experience.

Wanted to buy a new helmet but anything I liked didn't fit right, the search continues. Checked out some other gear but don't really need anything and nothing caught my attention that I had to have.

At least I got to sit on a few bikes I am interested in and get closer to making a decision on what's next.

I can second the deals at 613 sports....leather A* "jaws" leather jackets for $250 with lots of sizes, A* GP leather jacket (MSRP $799) for $299! AGV K1 and K3 helmets (some solids and Rossi colourways) for $150 when GP had them on sale for $310. The guys at GP bikes were ****** when they heard the pricing....and the supplier made them take down the signs for the helmet deals (happened while we were standing there). 30% off current helmets that GP bikes was selling for 20% off (Shoei/HJC/Arai).

And yes apparently I am a shill for 613.

Dammit...I bought a Jaws jacket in the springs for more than twice that. I walked into the 613 both, it was chaos and they were still unpacking so I walked out. Didn't try the agv helmet, that's a great deal. I might shoot down again tomorrow alone and see what I can get.

Thanks for posting the info...
I can second the deals at 613 sports....leather A* "jaws" leather jackets for $250 with lots of sizes, A* GP leather jacket (MSRP $799) for $299! AGV K1 and K3 helmets (some solids and Rossi colourways) for $150 when GP had them on sale for $310. The guys at GP bikes were ****** when they heard the pricing....and the supplier made them take down the signs for the helmet deals (happened while we were standing there). 30% off current helmets that GP bikes was selling for 20% off (Shoei/HJC/Arai).

The 613 people are really helpful, nice and pleasant to deal with. Oh, and they know their stuff.
Some of the things I overheard the hired help telling people at the GP Bikes booth was surprising. I don’t like spending my money where the “experts” know less than the informed consumer. I get that GP needs to bring in other folks to help as their booth is massive, (I was asked to work their many years ago) but it starts to feel like you’re shopping at Walmart.

Good on 613 for providing them with some competition.
My buddy picked up one of those A* jackets for $249.

Rob

I went tonight after work. Thanks for the tickets Paul.
Good deals on gear, picked up a Dainese super speed jacket from Riders choice for $420.00 no tax.
Stopped by the GTAM booth and saw Cutekill and Redneck. (Nice to meet you)

I was surprised how much cured meat was available for purchase. Maybe it goes hand in hand with the leather fetish crowd.

One thing that stood out, the demographic. Maybe it's because it's Friday night an the cool kids are out at parties but pretty much 80% over forty. (myself included)

Any rate, for 20 bucks, I'd go again.

Now if only I can sneak that used 1098 Streetfighter in the back door that I saw without the wife seeing............

I also attended yesterday...got there around noon. No lineups to get in, and very manageable crowd size, even several hours later. It’s nice to be able to walk around and have space. We also spotted the 1098 street fighter.

There seemed to be fewer vendors in the main halls (2,3 & 4) with a couple large distributors taking up a lot of space. It’s kind of nice to see what you can order from retailers, but not really all that exciting.

Now. If you are in the market for swords or plate armour helmets - the International Motorcycle Show is the place for you! ?
Image1578164422.869722.jpg

Back
Top Bottom