Motorcycle sales person salary? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle sales person salary?

Mina brings up a good point. Margins are thin on vehicles. At least cars (normally) have a higher price so you get more dollars per sale as well as way more sales per year. You probably only have a good few months every year selling bikes.

Assuming the sales guy does not own the business?
Sales dude only probably gets paid dirt poor but gets to ride really cool bikes.
Can you fix bikes too? your value just went way up.

Yes as I'm assuming the commission is on whatever the dealer sells for after MSRP. I tried new car sales for a bit like really short but maybe cuz where I was i hated the structure especially being the new guy.

Assuming the sales guy does not own the business?
Sales dude only probably gets paid dirt poor but gets to ride really cool bikes.
Can you fix bikes too? your value just went way up.
Really though?
I dont think technicians get paid much more.
Moral of the story: If you want to make money, dont turn your passion/hobby into a career.

Yes as I'm assuming the commission is on whatever the dealer sells for after MSRP. I tried new car sales for a bit like really short but maybe cuz where I was i hated the structure especially being the new guy.
New car sales are tough and takes a long time to build a client base. Used is where it's at.

I think you'd starve as a MC salesperson
maybe get by at one of the larger powersports dealers
selling quads, generators, sleds, outboard motors etc as well as the odd bike

GP Bikes makes me wonder
all those sales clerks
beautiful building and expensive property
lottery winner?
money laundering?

Last edited:
toy sales are tough of any find...market dwindling due to changing economics and demographics...bikes are very seasonal and on a commission basis so....not for the faint of heart...or you could open your own bike/atv/sled shop and have Honda, Yamaha or Arctic Cat cancel your franchise...this is happening in most small and medium markets in Canada...

Accessories and service are where the money is made for the dealer.

Well there you go :| another broken system.

see now ... if I was your manager I would be putting you onto a training program to service bikes and get the government to pay a piece of your wages. Then you could be putting in full hours, better money, sell bikes easier ... and you should maybe recommend that to your managers boss ;) unless he's the owners grandson in which case you are !@#$%^

Last edited:
there was a story awhile back about an MC tech from Calgary think it was
Yamaha has an annual tech competition and this guy was flown to Japan for the finals
he won, best Yamaha MC tech in the world....and he barely makes ends-meet

self employed is the way to go in that industry

You need to invent the first Canadian built electric motorcycle and have it turn out to be awesome, that's the ticket. Then you can refuse to sell bikes to that dealership.

You need to invent the first Canadian built electric motorcycle and have it turn out to be awesome, that's the ticket. Then you can refuse to sell bikes to that dealership.
Or a unicorn.

Unicorn would be an excellent name for it, make it look like a ferrari logo (y)

Back
Top Bottom