Motorcycle OEM Paint Colors | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle OEM Paint Colors

viper84737

So where can one obtain OEM paint colors in an aerosol without having to have things shipped from Swaziland or paying $90347589373489T in the GTA? I'd like to go somewhere, give a guy a paint code, pay a reasonable price, and walk out with what I want in my hand.

So far I've been to a place called Best Buy Auto Parts on 3rd St in Mississauga, and they have every color in the automotive rainbow, except of course the basic color I need, which is Suzuki's Matte Silky Silver Metallic (Y4P), and I've called around reference after reference and nobody seems able to do this.

Please help, I'm feeling the urge to commit genocide rise rapidly after some weeks of frustration about this issue.

You could try ordering it from Color rite in the US.

If you need help getting it here send me a PM and I might be able to help you out as I'm not sure they will ship aerosol to Canada.

You could try ordering it from Color rite in the US.

If you need help getting it here send me a PM and I might be able to help you out as I'm not sure they will ship aerosol to Canada.

I've purchased aerosol paint from Color Rite. I think they have a Canadian site to order from. I think about $30 - $40 if I remember right.

Yeah the thing is, I want to avoid the USA because:

1) Shipping aerosol is a pain -- sure I could have it shipped to CBI in Buffalo and pick it up, for a giant donkey dong in my butthole in gas/time/etc
2) The 2010 GSXR 600 was never sold in the USA, so Colorite seems to think it's ok to not make this paint. In fact, it doesn't even list the 2010 GSXR 600 in its dropdown menu for 2010 :(

Just a FYI for everyone (having just gone through similar for some touch up paint) -- If you can find your colour on the US ColorRite website, but Best Buy Auto Parts/Dpars doesn't carry it, they can order it in. Cost is still the same, however you'll be looking at approximately 14 days for them to get it to your door (shipping is $10), and they ask for your VISA info in advance (although do not bill until they receive the paint).

Thanks, kamikaze, that seems to be it exactly. Now if only I can swallow the $48 price, including shipping, for this one can, of which I have no clue if one will be sufficient.

Thanks, kamikaze, that seems to be it exactly. Now if only I can swallow the $48 price, including shipping, for this one can, of which I have no clue if one will be sufficient.

yea, there's some stuff I want to touch up on mine too, can't seem to bring myself to buy it. it sucks that it's so expensive, but if you want a proper match, there's not much you can do.

I'm honestly thinking to take my parts into the shop I visited and have the guy color-match it by eye. Since I'm re-doing all the silver parts of my bike, it would be ok if it's not an EXACT match, but I'm looking for something that isn't off by a retarded amount. For $48, I can get 2x cans which should be sufficient to color all my parts, with the crapshoot being relying on his color-matching skills to not be disappointing.

Why don't you all just do a group buy to save on shipping or something?

My bike also isn't listed because there was no blue 650R for 2009 in the US (as far as I am aware it is only a US and UK colour). But the 2007 blue is the same so I can order it. 2010 blue is different (Candy Plasma Blue vs Pearl Island Blue or something like that). Or I could probably find the 2009 ER6N blue since that is also the same. You just gotta do some research.

I was just about to order from Colourbrite...but I wanted to know..

If you use the Pen, or the small container with the brush, does it leave a smooth finish? Or would it look like you drew it on with a sharpie, leave uneven blots like when you use whiteout with the brush?
I'm sure the spray can will leave the cleanest finish..

Anyone with experience?

Finding the color isn't an issue. As everyone stated here, you can find it on colorite but having a good clear is a different matter. I've seen some new product floating around the internet that is basically a two stage aerosol can clear. The second you want to use it, you pop off the top, but it on the bottom of the can and press (which i guess injects the hardner?)

anyhow, best of luck with your paint job!

Finding the color isn't an issue. As everyone stated here, you can find it on colorite but having a good clear is a different matter. I've seen some new product floating around the internet that is basically a two stage aerosol can clear. The second you want to use it, you pop off the top, but it on the bottom of the can and press (which i guess injects the hardner?)

anyhow, best of luck with your paint job!

for the colour that the OP is looking for a clear isn't required (nor is it recommended)

for the colour that the OP is looking for a clear isn't required (nor is it recommended)
Well that's not necessarily true. What if he's painting his gas tank? I'm not a painting genius but I'm quite sure that uncleared paint will literally drool off the bike if gas touches the surface.

Edit:
I actually wanted to look up on it a little bit and found this informative article.
http://www.ehow.com/about_4615937_clear-coat.html

Last edited:
I'm not, just re-painting the OEM grey plastics.

But I do need to re-clear(?) the black plastic near the grey parts, since 22,000 km of having a tailbag on the sucker has de-polished it. So I need knowledge on what to do to get it back to shiny.

There is also PJ1 rattle can in OEM colours at most dealers. Think it is the same company as VHT coatings.

Well that's not necessarily true. What if he's painting his gas tank? I'm not a painting genius but I'm quite sure that uncleared paint will literally drool off the bike if gas touches the surface.

Edit:
I actually wanted to look up on it a little bit and found this informative article.
http://www.ehow.com/about_4615937_clear-coat.html

you're right, for a fuel tank. they do say to use an eggshell clear for fuel tanks, but to best match the OEM colour they don't recommend a clear for that particular application.

But I do need to re-clear(?) the black plastic near the grey parts, since 22,000 km of having a tailbag on the sucker has de-polished it. So I need knowledge on what to do to get it back to shiny.
I know what you mean. I use mothers Back-to-Black. It's amazing! The product makes all the plastic parts black and shiny (I also use this on the car mud guards). This was before I made some negative molds of them and had some fun with CF and it's sweet shiny resin.

Back
Top Bottom