Motorcycle key cutting options | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle key cutting options

jemberlin

Anyone recommend any motorcycle key cutting services, preferably in the east end (East York). It's for an older 2008 Triumph Thruxton, so I'm wondering if Canadian Tire would do it...

Anyone recommend any motorcycle key cutting services, preferably in the east end (East York). It's for an older 2008 Triumph Thruxton, so I'm wondering if Canadian Tire would do it...
Try these guys -

Abso Lock387 Dundas St E(416) 868-1005

Maybe a bit further out east than you meant (Whitby), but this place does motorcycle keys:

I know Cycle World Superstore can do SOME keys. Give them a call - ask for Mark.

Just call your local locksmith and ask if they can cut motorcycle keys, usually they do if they also do car keys
Just came across this. There's one near my local CTire so I may skip over to see if it works.

Bringing this back up to see how things panned out for the OP as I only got 1 ignition key with my Thunderbird ... research says the blank is an ilco X52.

No one these days seems to want any business as most places just ignore you. Location preferably in west end (Brampton/Caledon/Mississauga) as I'd want to ride the bike there to ensure the new key works. Vaughan is good too but I'd ride further on a weekend if required (except Ottawa :p ).

Bringing this back up to see how things panned out for the OP as I only got 1 ignition key with my Thunderbird ... research says the blank is an ilco X52.

No one these days seems to want any business as most places just ignore you. Location preferably in west end (Brampton/Caledon/Mississauga) as I'd want to ride the bike there to ensure the new key works. Vaughan is good too but I'd ride further on a weekend if required (except Ottawa :p ).
Nope, no luck yet despite emailing a few places and asking. Gonna try CycleWorld today.

Reactions: LBV
Home Hardware is actually a good idea and there's one on the way home.

I had already called Cycle World and they're ordering some blanks including the one I need.

I don't care if the extra key is a plain Jane metal top one but if I cared for a Triumph-logoed one, I'd be researching further that Aliexpress link.

I ordered mine on ebay, was only 10 bucks so I even bought a 2nd backup for the hell of it.

Think I had called a locksmith and they said it'd be like 100 or high 2 digits to make a copy or some absurd ******* amount.

By blank from your local bikeshop + take it with existing key/key code to a locksmith = OEM spare for ~$20

There is a place called Henry’s in Brampton. They are off Tomkhen I believe. They can cut motorcycle keys.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Is that a standard key, no chip or security feature? If so order a blank from the dealer and go to home hardware, they cut the blank I brought in and charged me $1 for it. Seriously, a dollar.

There is a place called Henry’s in Brampton. They are off Tomkhen I believe. They can cut motorcycle keys.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Looks like they moved to Mississauga (HOME - henryshardware.ca) but I ended up doing yesterday what Michael0124 suggested ... ordered a blank from GP Bikes after giving them my VIN. They suggested to take the key to a locksmith and not C/Tire or Walmart. I'll likely be taking it to that Henry's place (thanks adrisen).

This guy had all kinds of bike key blanks in stock when I went there a couple years back. Reasonably close to you too.

Back
Top Bottom