Motorcycle hitch carrier | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle hitch carrier

So, I’ve had a look at the Mototote. And I’m impressed. Expensive yes, but the quality looks better than most. I will have a look online at the CTC one @canuckwr250 thanks for the heads up on that. And @daught that looks a lot like a muffler clamp?

And yes, heated floors, they can be run on the solar and batteries, or when plugged into shore power. Winter time use only really. And furnace is same as “big rigs” use. Sorry, I can’t remember the name of the unit, Wabso or something like that. It gets plumbed directly into the fuel tank on the van and runs on gas. They also come in diesel models as well. Thermostat in the van, set temp and just like your house it comes on and goes off. And we also have a propane stove and oven. Same as an RV.

I have one similar to this that I use for my track bike:

The black widow one is also good. Had one a few years back.

The only downside to both is that the ramps are very smooth - powder coated finish. I had to get some grip tape and put it on, or it was a bit dangerous, especially if wet. Tires would not have any grip when clutching it up the ramp, or on the front tire when braking when unloading.

I have a Mototote. I've had it since like 2010. I've used it more times than I can count. Also used it many times to save stranded friends. Never needed help loading or unloading. Never had an issue. Best 400 I ever spent for bike transport.

Seems like the Mototote is the way to go. @jericho they are a lot more than 400 buck now though! Thanks to everyone for all the input and suggestions! And happy new year to everyone!

Seems like the Mototote is the way to go. @jericho they are a lot more than 400 buck now though! Thanks to everyone for all the input and suggestions! And happy new year to everyone!

FYI, I was curious what the shipping charges would be, so I added one to my cart yesterday but didn't check out. Then today I got an email offer for 10% off. I find more and more places are doing this, so I just let stuff sit in my cart for a few day and see what happens.

Hey @Relax I went to find a dealer, and there is one in Surrey BC. Modula Racks. They say they have free shipping for orders over $299.99. And no customs or duty to pay. They are not cheap though. $900 to $1400 depending on which one you want.

Back
Top Bottom